Help with UPGRADING or REPLACING Current i7 Set Up

Jbizzle

n00b
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
46
This is my current system (build thread), but I am running an Antec PSU as stated in the thread.

3139384496_30d569e27e_o.jpg


I replaced the gtx 280 with a 295, but it crapped out and constantly overheats, so while replacing the card, I figure I will upgrade the rest of the system as well.

Technology has changed so much since I built this rig, what would be the best way to spend around 1200-1500 to get the most performance? Will I have to start over? Will there be a big improvement in performance?

I will be reusing my Intel 320 series SSD as a main drive. Thanks for the help!!
 
Please answer the stickied "ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST!" so that we can help you better. Your answers from 4 years ago may not apply to you today.
 
I've never owned a 920, but from what I've read, it's still formidable when overclocked, but generates a lot of heat.
That heatsink should allow you to OC to about 3.8Ghz, which would be enough to not be (too much of) a bottleneck.

The only other thing I'd recommend besides replacing the GPU would be to upgrade to Windows 7.
The Intel 320 ssd isn't bad and there shouldn't be a huge perceptible difference between that and higher end ssds.
 
Back
Top