• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Help with SSD please.

MuZI

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
344
I recently purchased a Kingston SSDNow V100 Series SV100S2/64GZ (64GB HDD). I installed it and formatted it. The BIOS sees it and says 64 GB SSD but when I get into windows it shows up with the label SDV E drive with only 400MB.

Did something screw up when formatting the drive or is one of the flash chips messed up?

I don't know if it's time to RMA or try and fix this thing.

Thanks
 
Have you partitioned and initiated the SSD?

SSDs are nothing special but do need normal partitioning.
 
Thanks for the really quick replies. I didn't even know Disk Manager was in Windows 7. Did a quick Google and looked it up. Got it going and saw 2 sections. 1 was a 400MB SDV partition and the rest was allocated space it couldn't see.

Formated everything to NTFS and now it see 59.6 GB of space. About normal for a 64 GB formatted drive right?
 
Back
Top