Help with Shuttle PSU

DeathFromBelow

Supreme [H]ardness
My dad has a Shuttle SP35P2. About 2 weeks ago the power supply died on him. I had a spare ATX power supply he could use until he ordered a replacement. I pulled the dead power supply out and and ran the cables for the spare through the fan hole. It worked fine, although it's not exactly portable with the ATX power supply hanging off the back. :)

He called me the other day and told me the replacement had arrived (this is what he ordered). I opened it up and found that it doesn't have the regular ATX motherboard connector. His shuttle takes a regular 20+4 pin connector and a separate 4 pin "P4" connector, this power supply has an 8 pin and a 6 pin connector. Please enlighten me, but I'm assuming this isn't going to work.

I looked at Shuttle's site and the power supply my dad got is the only one that looks to be compatible (in terms of shape/size) with this style system.

1. Why the fuck did shuttle come up with their own standard for power cables?
2. Where can I get a replacement power supply for this machine?

1) Because they can. It does lock up into their system
2) No idea. You're gonna have to contact Shuttle for a replacement.

According to Newegg, that PSU that you bought will not work with the SP35P2 Pro. Since the SP35P2 is similar to the SP35P2 Pro, it stands to reason that the Shuttle PC55 PSU is not compatible with your Dad's Shuttle.

According to Newegg, that PSU that you bought will not work with the SP35P2 Pro. Since the SP35P2 is similar to the SP35P2 Pro, it stands to reason that the Shuttle PC55 PSU is not compatible with your Dad's Shuttle.

I know. He researched/ordered it, not me. :( It's confusing because the machine says Prima XPC right on the front and everything says this power supply works with Prima XPC systems, plus it looks identical to the old one. He didn't check what cables the power supply came with.

You'd think Shuttle would make it easy to order replacement parts.

Back