Help with P4C mobo

xhail

Limp Gawd
I was playing a video game and my computer suddenly freezes. So I hard reboot and nothing shows up. Just a no video signal detected sign on my monitor.

I tested the video card in another computer and it works fine. I tried running with just the CPU, RAM and Vid card and still nothing. I tried reseating, I tested the ram on another machine and still nothing. Only thing I can think of is that the motherboard went kabloo-ie.
No beeps or anything when trying to boot up with just cpu, ram and vid...

If you guys agree that this seems the most likely outcome? Could you recommend me a decent motherboard for my 3.0C intel cpu? I had an Asus P4P800 deluxe...

I was thinking of getting a refurbished P4P800SE from newegg for 70ish. Is there a better new motherboard in that price range from newegg that would fit my current computer?
3.0C P4
512 x 2 Ram
ATI 9700
1 Sata HDD
1 IDE HDD
1 DVDR
1 CDR

Thanks!

try to reset your cmos jumper. unplug your puter. then move the jumper from pins 1-2 to pins 2-3 for a couple seconds then put it back on pins 1-2 then try to refire it up. Or in your bios you shouls have an option to restore factory defaults. Just click on it and save it then reboot and fire it up. If these don't wotk well you have a prob. if all your other pieces are good as you say. Have you ever been into your bios pages? when you fire hit delete, delete, delete til you pop into your bios then use your arrow keys to get around and hit enter to open a page and hit enter to make your choices then F10 to save and enter to reboot. Good luck.

WZ

I got myself a new ASUS P4P800 and it seems to work fine. Just plugged everything from my old mobo into this new one... and it turned on and came alive.

Before this, I tried resetting the CMOS and everything... nothing worked.
I've had the original one for almost 2 years I think. (not 100% sure on the length)
Is it still possible to RMA or send it back to get it fixed?

I would imagine that you could no longer get a replacement through rma but it never hurts to contact them and find out for sure.

I think the chipsets on a bunch of the p4p's were prone to failure. Just something I read a while ago on the forum. You might have had one from the bad batch.

kirbyrj said:
I think the chipsets on a bunch of the p4p's were prone to failure. Just something I read a while ago on the forum. You might have had one from the bad batch.
i thought that was only with prescotts?

Back