I currently have a 939 3800 x2 processor, i want to try and squeeze the last bit of juice out of. I recently upgraded my video card to a hd4850, and even gaming at 16x12 i notice i am cpu bound in games like unreal 3.
For the MB i have an asus KN8-SLI nforce 4 board.
I am running stable at 250 x10, at 1.52v, often when i try to go much higher on the base bus speed, the system will not post. I am currently running a x4 HT multiplyer, and a /333 ram divider, my ram is currently a base 208, ddr, as shown in cpu-z. (pc3200 corsair ram with Heatsinks)
My core temps are roughly 30-35 on idle, and max around 49 on load, using core temp.
Do i have much overhead left on the chip, or am i nearing the point of diminishing returns?
For the MB i have an asus KN8-SLI nforce 4 board.
I am running stable at 250 x10, at 1.52v, often when i try to go much higher on the base bus speed, the system will not post. I am currently running a x4 HT multiplyer, and a /333 ram divider, my ram is currently a base 208, ddr, as shown in cpu-z. (pc3200 corsair ram with Heatsinks)
My core temps are roughly 30-35 on idle, and max around 49 on load, using core temp.
Do i have much overhead left on the chip, or am i nearing the point of diminishing returns?