Help with Ncase M1 build

Supez38

n00b
Hey everyone, so I recently got my Ncase M1 and am looking for a few tips on cooling.

My components are as follows:

CPU: Intel i5 4670k
Cooler: Noctua U9S(1 fan) or Noctua U9B-SE2(2 fans) or Cryorig C7
Motherboard: Asus Z97I-Plus
RAM: Corsair LP 8GB x 2
SSD: Samsung Evo 250GB
HDD: Seagate 2TB SSHD
GPU: EVGA GTX 760 (Will soon upgrade to reference 1060, 980, 1070 or 980ti)

I'm looking to do a slight overclock on my CPU, nothing major and would like some recommendations on CPU coolers. I have 3 in mind above, are any of those good? I initially wanted an AIO but I was concerned about noise levels. Should I get any case fans?

Of those three HSF you mention the more popular one it seems is the U9S. It's supposedly the better performer. If you go back to around page 498, I think it is, on the NCASE M1 thread you will see talk about it compared to others. Next to the NH-C14 it (the best performer for the M1) seems to be the next best HSF for the M1. As far as case fans go some people get some Noctuas for the bottom but there is debate whether they really help or not. For your current planned set up I would say you don't need that. Just my opinion anyway.

Of those three HSF you mention the more popular one it seems is the U9S. It's supposedly the better performer. If you go back to around page 498, I think it is, on the NCASE M1 thread you will see talk about it compared to others. Next to the NH-C14 it (the best performer for the M1) seems to be the next best HSF for the M1. As far as case fans go some people get some Noctuas for the bottom but there is debate whether they really help or not. For your current planned set up I would say you don't need that. Just my opinion anyway.
Oh okay, I'll use the U9S then. Thanks!!

Back