Help with choosing from 6 candidates

kogeridor

n00b
Joined
Aug 3, 2012
Messages
4
Hi,

I would like to buy a new LCD. These are my demands:

24'' (1920x1200)
RT < 16 ms
xVA or IPS technology
budget: 400 euro
pivot (wanna use it in portrait, not landscape form)

I filtered just 6 satisfying pieces in our best HW seller's webstore

1] Dell UltraSharp U2412M
2] HP ZR2440w
3] Acer B243PWLOymdr
4] Acer V243PWLymd
5] Samsung S24A850DW
6] Lenovo LT2452p

Can you advise me? I don't want to buy the most expensive one just because it could mean it is the best one. Do you have any bad experiences with any of them? Or suggestions?
 
Just tried a HP ZR2440w to replace my LP2475w. It had minor bleed from all four corners, and some funky pixel structure compared to the 2475's H-IPS (blurry text) and it was only standard gamut, other than that, it was nice.

But as far as I'm concerned, all these edge-lit LED monitors are junk compared to a good CCFL panel.
 
I prefer the Dell for the customer service and warranty.

I also like Dell's NBD.

But as far as I'm concerned, all these edge-lit LED monitors are junk compared to a good CCFL panel.

Ok, I don't have enough experiences to compare LED vs. CCFL, but I know some CCFL really have two times higher power-consumtion and produces much more heat. This is the reason I'll stick with W-LED.

Anyway, thanks for your opinion.
 
What's wrong with the pixel structure of the ZR2440w? Does the ZR2740w have the same issue?
 
Samsung has the worst quality, and almost guaranteed to have apparent back-light bleeding.

Dell U2412M is a good choice. Also, Asus PA248Q might be a contender. Not sure about quality yet, as it is the newest.

If you're not using a PS3 or Blu-Ray player, the Dell is probably going to be the cheapest and best bang-for-buck. It also goes on sale fairly often.

As for CCFL versus W-LED, quality can vary on both. Neither is more likely to bleed than the other from my experiences.
 
I checked a few more discussions and high chance of backlight bleeding is for Samsung really common. But I already found confirmed statement that there is also "not-low-but-not-high" chance of backlight bleeding in Dell. I will try both Dell and HP before purchasing in a store.

Thanks for your opinion and suggestions.
 
Also keep in mind that all of the IPS screens besides the Samsung (which is technically PLS) will have heavy AG coating. Just be sure you are okay with it before buying from a place without an easy return policy.

There is probably a 90% chance of bleed on the Samsung, but to me, it'd be my only choice in that size... my eyes can't stand super heavy coating.

As for LED vs CCFL, the only thing I've noticed following these threads is that many LED IPS screens have some bleed (or glow, or something) from the bottom right of the screen. Or at least it has been mentioned several times for Dell IPS screens here. LED may be a bit blu-ish compared to CCFL, but will brighten up faster and use less power.
 
I'd also consider Fujitsu P24W-6. There's led version available too.
 
I'd also consider Fujitsu P24W-6. There's led version available too.

Fujistu P24W-6 is known for a bad backlightning. Is's very uneven and backlight bleeding is also very common. It's written in many great reviews I read. Do you own a piece?
 
Fujistu P24W-6 is known for a bad backlightning. Is's very uneven and backlight bleeding is also very common. It's written in many great reviews I read. Do you own a piece?

I do, the non-LED version. I also have P23T-6P IPS.
 
DELL if you don't mind the heavy AG coating. Great image quality but the AG ruins any color POP and gives the picture an overall graining quality.
 
Back
Top