HELP, various computer problems!

chaos1986

Weaksauce
OK I have some problems that I CANNOT fix,

The first one prevents me from typing anything long, sometimes as I am typing commands randomly execute and windows pop open (more often than not causing me to lose what ever I have typed), now I am not an angry person but after typing up a 4 page design document for a game environment the other night it happened and it closed my work without saving, the keyboard went over my knee, and then out (through!) the window, the PC was not touched (This came after a month of pure frustration and some real life problems. Anyway after getting a new keyboard, the problem DID NOT go away, pressing the key next to the Windows button (which I remove from all my keyboards for gaming reasons) the problem goes away until it happens again. I have searched the internet for a problems and the solution seems to be try a new keyboard, well I've tried 13 various makes and models with no hope.

Now if this wasn't bad enough a new and unrelated problem has popped up the last few days, randomly programs will stop responding, and anything i try to do just doesn't work, the desktop eventually stops responding and i have to restart the PC (the PC does not freeze, I can still move the mouse). During this time if Chrome is open, the internet doesn't work (pages load forever) but windows does not detect internet connection problems and i can ping websites. Windows update, Second Life or anything else internet related won't work if the computer is in that state.

It is fine most of the time, but this problem has lost me hours of work, The temps seems fine, the only thing outdated in my PC is the CPU, here are the specs (copied from Speccy)

Most of the PC, displays and accessories are brand new and work fine, can someone please help me as I need my PC for my work

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 810
Deneb 45nm Technology
RAM
8.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASRock 890GX Extreme3 (CPUSocket)
Graphics
DELL 2007FP @ 1600x1200
DELL U3011 @ 2560x1600
DELL 2007FP @ 1600x1200
ATI Radeon HD 4290
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470
Hard Drives
977GB AMD 1X2 Mirror/RAID1 SCSI Disk Device (SCSI)
Optical Drives
CD-ROM Drive
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio

AMD Phenom II X4 810
Cores 4
Threads 4
Name AMD Phenom II X4 810
Code Name Deneb
Package Socket AM3 (938)
Technology 45nm
Specification AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 810 Processor
Family F
Extended Family 10
Model 4
Extended Model 4
Stepping 2
Revision RB-C2
Instructions MMX (+), 3DNow! (+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4A, x86-64
Bus Speed 200.4 MHz
Rated Bus Speed 2003.9 MHz
Stock Core Speed 2600 MHz
Stock Bus Speed 200 MHz

That's awesome. I hope you find your solution in the General Gaming subforum. If you ever actually need help, I'll be sure to provide my unconstructive feedback.

That's awesome. I hope you find your solution in the General Gaming subforum. If you ever actually need help, I'll be sure to provide my unconstructive feedback.

After lurking here for a good few years now, I can tell you that your attitude will not get you very far in this community, and if you carry on the way you are I'm sure one of the mods will be more than happy to ban your grumpy arse, Also before posting please take a look at the rules of this forum http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=760666

I looked at your post & tried to see if it was a PC issue that dealed with gaming. Since it wasn't, my response was given. I usually do my best to help people in the appropriate section when the need arises. The issue is that some people put things in the wrong section, then delete it & recreate it. I didn't expect you to get all pissy about it.

No need to get high falutin about it. Even if you've lurked here for a very long time, doesn't mean you're automatically favored by posters, mods & admins. I can't speak for others but I find your own attitude extremely arrogant. Your 2nd post basically told me that I don't care to help you at all.

I'll leave it at that. May you actually find the answers you seek.

I looked at your post & tried to see if it was a PC issue that dealed with gaming. Since it wasn't, my response was given. I usually do my best to help people in the appropriate section when the need arises. The issue is that some people put things in the wrong section, then delete it & recreate it. I didn't expect you to get all pissy about it.

No need to get high falutin about it. Even if you've lurked here for a very long time, doesn't mean you're automatically favored by posters, mods & admins. I can't speak for others but I find your own attitude extremely arrogant. Your 2nd post basically told me that I don't care to help you at all.

I'll leave it at that. May you actually find the answers you seek.

No, apart from the fact I am not in a good mood anyway (as stated in the original post) your response was not favoured, you could have posted something useful, then told me it was in the wrong section at the end of the post, I didn't see where else to post it and for some reason I read this as General discussion, not gaming. It also made out that you have little or no knowledge of my problems, and posted for the sake of boosting your post count

A simple statement for the sake of saying it was in the wrong section is nothing wrong.

I do have knowledge regarding hardware, OS & software. I just don't always jump the gun to say something & boost my post count.

My personal opinion is that your mobo and/or RAM might be having issues. I recommend trying a memory tester first & go from there. It might also be faulty drivers, too.

OK I have some problems that I CANNOT fix,

The first one prevents me from typing anything long, sometimes as I am typing commands randomly execute and windows pop open (more often than not causing me to lose what ever I have typed),

have you run a complete virus scan? ..I'm no genius,(just ask anyone):) but this sounds like some malware or what not....

you can grab MSE for free

Try the Avira rescue disc. You burn it and boot up with it, so it can hopefully better detect things that hide themselves.

Use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and if those don't help, post a scan log from "Hijack This."

Might want to try Microsoft Security Essentials and CCleaner as well.

Also make sure you backup your work on a separate drive/disk. Just make sure to scan it throughly before you put it back on your PC. ;)

If you think you don't have anger issues, I can't help you. Hell, I've never been pissed off at a computer bad enough to snap a keyboard over my knee, nor to bite the head off of some poor smartass who stated the obvious in telling you that you have the wrong forum.

Onto the problem.... Your best bet is going to be a reformat at this point, you could spend a week trying to fix the problems you have now, or spend the four hours to backup, format and reinstall... and after that, do what your mother said, always use protection!

Back