Hi all,
I've run into a reoccurring issue with my build. My monitor goes black from time to time. It doesn't turn off, just drops all signal. I've tried a variety of things that have ruled out my monitor or card. So far I've tried:
1) Switching to a new DP-DP cable.
2) I tried a DP-mDP cable.
3) Changed out the GPU - the test GPU was a 950
4) Switched out the monitor to an older model - this was an older display and I was using DVI-D.
5) Check voltages in the BIOS - +12 was just over 12, +5 was just over 5, and +3 was just over 3.
I'm at a loss as to what it might be. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My build is linked below.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($232.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus H97M-E/CSM Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Directron)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($74.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($149.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ Video Card ($649.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($75.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) ($89.88 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Dell U2715H 60Hz 27.0" Monitor ($469.99 @ B&H)
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard ($169.99 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Other: TP WDN4800
Total: $2128.66
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-02 12:45 EST-0500
I've run into a reoccurring issue with my build. My monitor goes black from time to time. It doesn't turn off, just drops all signal. I've tried a variety of things that have ruled out my monitor or card. So far I've tried:
1) Switching to a new DP-DP cable.
2) I tried a DP-mDP cable.
3) Changed out the GPU - the test GPU was a 950
4) Switched out the monitor to an older model - this was an older display and I was using DVI-D.
5) Check voltages in the BIOS - +12 was just over 12, +5 was just over 5, and +3 was just over 3.
I'm at a loss as to what it might be. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My build is linked below.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($232.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus H97M-E/CSM Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Directron)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($74.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($149.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ Video Card ($649.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($75.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) ($89.88 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Dell U2715H 60Hz 27.0" Monitor ($469.99 @ B&H)
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard ($169.99 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Other: TP WDN4800
Total: $2128.66
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-02 12:45 EST-0500