• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help this lazy researcher.

asurething

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 9, 2008
Messages
65
Hello everybody. I want to replace my mb, memory, and cpu. I would like to just get a little more performance than what I have now:
ASUS MAXIMUS II FORMULA
E8500 CPU
MUSHKIN 4 GIG DDR2

I don't want to spend the same amount of money as I did on the Asus mb, but I would like the latest technology. I do not want to overclock (too paranoid). I will be using my old video card that is in the middle of a second RMA: EVGA 9800 GX2 SC. My power supply is a cooler master 1000 watt. My monitor will only go as high as 1900 x 1200 which I usually game at. I am not brand inclusive, intel or amd. Right now I am using the nice sound card that came with the asus mb (xfi). But, I can use a sound card if yall recommend it (not on board sound). And I will be buying and installing win 7 64 bit pro oem from new egg.
I really have no idea how much I want/need to spend, it depends on your ideas. Thanks to all.
 
Please answer the following questions so that we can help you better:
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
 
Here are the answers as best as I can answer them.

1. I do game, web browsing, and use financial software.
2. Since you insist on an amount, I will be spending $500.00 total more or less if recommended.
3. Plan on building asap.
4. No raid, crossfire, sli. Need at least 4 usb ports in the back, one firewire, and one network connection.

Thanks for the quick response.
 
$245 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition CPU + Asus M4A89GTD PRO AMD 890GX ATX Motherboard Combo
$70 - G.Skill F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT 2 x 2GB DDR3 1333 RAM
---
Total: $315 plus tax and shipping

That mobo has 2 x USB 3.0 ports, 6 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 firewire port as well as eSATA.
 
Thanks for the suggestions and not complaining or bitching. I posted this same question on another usually trusted hardware website and I got some smart ass right away.
 
Thanks for the suggestions and not complaining or bitching. I posted this same question on another usually trusted hardware website and I got some smart ass right away.
Complaining and bitching about what though? Don't see how a person can complain and bitch about your post

Oh and you're welcome. :)

Another option would be this:
$285 - Intel Core i5 750 CPU + Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 Intel P55 ATX Motherboard Combo
$70 - G.Skill F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT 2 x 2GB DDR3 1333 RAM
----
Total: $355 plus tax and shipping

Read up on some reviews and decide for yourself whether or not the i5 750 route is worth the extra $40 over the AMD Phenom II 955 route.
 
Here, check it out. I would be interested in your view.
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2113706
Maybe it's just me, but I think sometimes I can't post anything there without a flame or unhelpful side comment. Compared with Hard forums anyway.

Dude has a point though. But at least in this part of the HardForums (not sure about the other parts), I just "do it" for the person any way since it's just faster that way.
 
Yes, exactly. I don't disagree with what he is saying about my laziness, but why say it? I think anandtech recently changed there video card moderator because he got sick and tired of all the complaining. I don't see the same here. Really fascinating. Thanks again.
 
Back
Top