• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HELP !!!!!!! Somebody stop me...I need support.

RedShred

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Apr 6, 2001
Messages
2,760
I'm just a click away from buying a $91 processor I need only for a folding rig... 35W 2400M

I'll no doubt just burn it in for a few days and then see how long I can keep it alive as I crank up its cycles. Probably be a waste of money as I'll burn it out... hehe. and end up buying another.


WHY IS THIS A VICIOUS CIRCLE... somebody help.
 
I've done it more than 30 times....still isn't enough.

I'm like a goddam silicone junky :D
 
Red,

I am in the same boat as you. I am about to get that processor from newegg too. I just have to wait for a check or two to clear.


dirtnap

Last updated: Tue Aug 31 21:13:09 PDT 2004

Date of last work unit 2004-08-31 21:05:30
Total score 25700
Overall rank (if points are combined) 7450 of 368113
Active processors (within 50 days) 37
Active processors (within 7 days) 27


Sad thing is that most of the machines are in my basement, and a 8000 BTU A/C unit does little to cool things off. I open the basement door and it is like a slap in the face.... Is winter here yet?
 
gnewbury said:
It ain't the cheap processor - it's the whole ball of wax that counts.
Right now Outpost is
selling a m/b&bare 2200+ cpu combo for $49.

Cripes how low can you go ? That's the price of dinner for 2!

Holy schnikies!!! :eek:

How'd that handle folding? I'll buy 5 of em right now if they're even just decent!
I'm in the same boat as you. :( :(


:D
 
RedShred said:
...and when I needed my friends most.


Just bought it.

You couldn't ask for better support! Very positive, yup, indeed. :D

well, I guess financial support would be even better :p
 
I just got done buying that same mobile for my main rig. It's nice too. I think everyone should have at least ten. :D

I just wish I had the money for ten plus the systems to go along with them and the power to run them. :p
 
i wish i had the money to have that dillema :rolleyes: for me its like omg should i get it, ima get it, ima get it, click..."Your order could not be processed... (WTF)... You Have No Money Dork!!!" :eek:
 
NewEgg said:
Your Newegg.com Sales Order number has been successfully charged.


Thats great... now I gotta get to the bank before the wife sees it.
 
Hooray! You definitely made the right decision Red.

And wives don't care about that kind of thing. She'll understand... (riiiiiight) :p
 
Red's wife is a fine, caring, loving woman.
Red's said so himself. :)

But every wife has her breaking point...we need to protect our wives from the stress of our DCing by hiding the boxen and upgrades. It's not deceiptful, it's out way of maintaining their happiness by keeping them blissfully unaware. Damn, we're thoughtful.

We do want them to be happy, right?
 
relic said:
Red's wife is a fine, caring, loving woman.
Red's said so himself. :)

But every wife has her breaking point...we need to protect our wives from the stress of our DCing by hiding the boxen and upgrades. It's not deceiptful, it's out way of maintaining their happiness by keeping them blissfully unaware. Damn, we're thoughtful.

We do want them to be happy, right?

And they keep us happy by not letting us know how much they spent while shopping :eek:
 
relic said:
Red's wife is a fine, caring, loving woman.
Red's said so himself. :)

But every wife has her breaking point...we need to protect our wives from the stress of our DCing by hiding the boxen and upgrades. It's not deceiptful, it's out way of maintaining their happiness by keeping them blissfully unaware. Damn, we're thoughtful.

We do want them to be happy, right?

Of course!

Happy wife, happy life! :)
 
SWMBO = mad = not good for Red's folding career.

Put that new cpu in a dually or hide the box in the basement if you have to, but buying it was definately the correct decision. :)
 
Just tell her the toaster or the coffee pot need an upgrade. Works for me every time.

Oh wait, I don't have a wife or a gf at the moment. Hell I don't even have a coffee pot. Maybe you should disregard my advice. :eek:
 
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The burn in period.

12.5x140 at stock voltage... 38* under load with a 25* room. I have the 80mm sunon's at 7v's on the Deep Impact LE.




man I hope it serves us well.
 
For all you english folders (Not sure how many of us there are in the [H]orde but hay) I have a trade A/C with Micro Direct Ltd and am quite willing to abuse it in the name of folding... Spec wise I can get you a folding rig for Under £200 Inc VAT.

Sempron 2400+
256mb Ram
KM400 MB
CD/RW
80GB HDD
Etc.

Actually can probably get it down even further if you sans CDRW and reduce the HDD...

Always here to help....(Even if I cannot afford more machines myself)... Drop us a line if anybody wants to take me up on my offer (I will even build it for free...oh and BTW I reside in Southampton).

Chris
 
I would lie and say that I'm getting two A64's just for folding...

But I'm getting them because I want them.. The hardware lust has superceded the folding lust finally... and because I want more than 2.4GHz of AXP goodness.
 
Just buy something you can't upgrade or modify. Like a stupidly expensive laptop. You'll stay away from modding in sheer fear of screwing something up.... right?
(or not. I knew it)
 
relic said:
Red's wife is a fine, caring, loving woman.
Red's said so himself. :)

But every wife has her breaking point...we need to protect our wives from the stress of our DCing by hiding the boxen and upgrades. It's not deceiptful, it's out way of maintaining their happiness by keeping them blissfully unaware. Damn, we're thoughtful.

We do want them to be happy, right?

Very true relic, the problem is that dress does make you look fat ;)
 
OK I just bought enough pieces to build two more boxen, is that the kind of support you were looking for :D :D

It's all for a good cause, and besides IT is all Relic's fault :p :D
 
Ahhhrge! you gave in to peer presure! Should have learned something from 6th grade..... :p
 
I don't even remember the sixth grade, :D :D


Or even when my little girl was in the sixth grade :D :D
 
Hmmm My youngist daughter is in the 6th grade this year...


I fell into peer pressure. yeah... I guess youre right. but I'm being pressured by my peers to save their lives. If you dont get it, Sir, then you just dont get it. I'll beg you for your help in this project, but I dont know if I can explain the passion that will eventually consume you.

Why do you think we blame relic and given the option, we'll choose D every time. It's all part of it...

Yup Peer Pressure. ;)
 
racercarl said:
OK I just bought enough pieces to build two more boxen, is that the kind of support you were looking for :D

It's all for a good cause, and besides IT is all Relic's fault :p :D

No no no, no guilt here. YOU and you alone pushed the "check out" button!

Humm...maybe it's not the hardware...it's that damn button. Yeah, that's it, it's the buttons fault :D (relic only designed the button).
 
Back
Top