Help select a stable motherboard for Q6600 GO

Invalid

Gawd
Im pretty new to Core 2 duo platform and need suggestion for a good stable motherboard. I dont plan on overclocking or going sli. Thanks.

How about the Asus p5k or GA-P35-DS3R?

Yeah, I have actually used both and the Gigabyte is by far the most stable with my Q6600 G0. For a cheaper alternatice, the DS3L is also a great choice if you don't need RAID and extra SATA ports.

Yeah, I have actually used both and the Gigabyte is by far the most stable with my Q6600 G0. For a cheaper alternatice, the DS3L is also a great choice if you don't need RAID and extra SATA ports.
I have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L, and also an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600. I just started overclocking, so the only thing I can say now it's that my CPU is pretty stable at 3.0 GHz (333x9) even at stock voltage (set to "Normal" in BIOS).

It was stable right out of the box, so you should have no worries about it, and it also is a über cheap motherboard. You couldn't go wrong with it...

Kind regards

+1 for the Gigabyte.

I use the GA-P35-DS3P in my main rig and it is rock solid. I have been able to get 1600FSB, but my temps are the limiter. I'm stable day to day @ 3.42 w 1520FSB.

I dont get why people recommend gigabyte so much, read reviews, they dont overclock anywhere as well as they should. They dont reach high fsb's and the ultra durable stuff is a gimmick. The asus p5k premium is a much better choice, or the p35 dfi board. But if you get a p5k, make sure its the premium, there is a difference. If you get a penryn cpu with a low multi, the high fsb capability and design quality of the above boards will come in handy.

Abit IP 35 Pro can run my system Prime95 stable 6+ hours @3.6ghz, 1.45vcore.

Back