• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Help recommend a decent standalone USB mic

Zarathustra[H]

Extremely [H]
2FA
Joined
Oct 29, 2000
Messages
42,423
Hey all,

Instead of a headset I use a separate set of headphones and a standalone mic. My can recently chewed up the cord of my existing cheapo mic, so now I have an excuse to replace it.

I've decided that I am giving up on the mic port on my Sound Blaster Titanium HD. It rarely seems to work properly, and when it does its only after a lot of tinkering and plauying with driver settings. (Creatives drivers are terrible!)

Because of this, I have decided to go with a USB mic this time around.

I'm thinking I'd go for something just above regular desktop mic quality, but nowhere near studio mic quality. (no need for phantom power for me :p )

My budget is $50 or less

What do you guys think?

I found the Samson Go Mic online which looks OK, and kind of in the range I am looking. Are there others I should consider?

Thanks,
Matt
 
I swiped the USB mic from a rock band game for ps3 and made a mic stand for it. It's an unbranded logitech mic. Works great and didnt cost me anything since i already had it.
 
Hmm..

At $60 on Amazon, maybe I'll spring for the Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB. A little more than I was planning on spending, but it seems like a lot of bang for the buck
 
Back
Top