[Help] Rampage IV Extreme - Weird Behaviour.

HereAndNow

n00b
I usually find a solution online, but I've searched for 3 days now and did not find similar case.

Clicked shut down, went out for 2 hours, came back and pc freezed on shut down screen. Switched it off and can't get it back to life now.

Debug 00, cpu qled red.

Resetted cmos
Flushed through usb latest bios(had latest)
Switched from bios 1 and back
Tried qreset plus slow mode off
All pins clean and shiny, cpu looks clean.
Applied new thermal paste
Cpu cooler working fine
Bared the board, disconnected everything for 12+ hours.

Sounds simple, cpu or mobo right? Here's what is weird. After 12 hours disconnect it worked, but only for 5 minutes. I had time to go to bios, cpu temp was 31-34. In 5 minutes it freezed again, restarted with same old 00 error, red led.

So I noticed that disconnecting everything is not neccesarry. I can simply plug off power and wait 1 minute and 30 sec, at this point debug window starts to go through all neccessarry codes and freezes in about 2 seconds. So, the longer I let it rest, the longer it works.

As far as I understand that points to corrupted cpu.

But, yesterday I took my pc to a friend, we connected cpu, cpu cooler, gpu, ram and ssd. To my biggest surprise pc started clen. I was waiting for it to freeze, but it worked perfectly.. I booted windows and let it run for 30 minutes, reeboted several times, tried starting pc with limited parts, cpu and cooler only. It all worked like a charm. I was glad and went home.

Connected it and found same old 00 error, same old cpu qled red. Same weird behaviour, the longer it rests the longer it runs.

Around 2 hours of no power is enough to completely boot the pc and enter bios and it freezes there.. 12 hours lets it work for around 5mins..

Any thoughts what is happening, could it be that cpu is partly damaged inside and is acting weird?

I assume it can't be mobos fault or I am wrong?

My last step will be going to local shop and paying them for checking my cpu on another mobo.

My pc is around 4 years old.
Cpu = i7 3930k

Last edited:
I usually find a solution online, but I've searched for 3 days now and did not find similar case.

Clicked shut down, went out for 2 hours, came back and pc freezed on shut down screen. Switched it off and can't get it back to life now.

Debug 00, cpu qled red.

Resetted cmos
Flushed through usb latest bios(had latest)
Switched from bios 1 and back
Tried qreset plus slow mode off
All pins clean and shiny, cpu looks clean.
Applied new thermal paste
Cpu cooler working fine
Bared the board, disconnected everything for 12+ hours.

Sounds simple, cpu or mobo right? Here's what is weird. After 12 hours disconnect it worked, but only for 5 minutes. I had time to go to bios, cpu temp was 31-34. In 5 minutes it freezed again, restarted with same old 00 error, red led.

So I noticed that disconnecting everything is not neccesarry. I can simply plug off power and wait 1 minute and 30 sec, at this point debug window starts to go through all neccessarry codes and freezes in about 2 seconds. So, the longer I let it rest, the longer it works.

As far as I understand that points to corrupted cpu.

But, yesterday I took my pc to a friend, we connected cpu, cpu cooler, gpu, ram and ssd. To my biggest surprise pc started clen. I was waiting for it to freeze, but it worked perfectly.. I booted windows and let it run for 30 minutes, reeboted several times, tried starting pc with limited parts, cpu and cooler only. It all worked like a charm. I was glad and went home.

Connected it and found same old 00 error, same old cpu qled red. Same weird behaviour, the longer it rests the longer it runs.

Around 2 hours of no power is enough to completely boot the pc and enter bios and it freezes there.. 12 hours lets it work for around 5mins..

Any thoughts what is happening, could it be that cpu is partly damaged inside and is acting weird?

I assume it can't be mobos fault or I am wrong?

My last step will be going to local shop and paying them for checking my cpu on another mobo.

My pc is around 4 years old.
Cpu = i7 3930k

Internal Speaker - beep code?

Could it be psu or shorting on mobo? I'm leaning towards that now..

Gonna check bare board with another psu later today.

Maybe you have a failing wall outlet or circuit breaker. Check the voltage out of the outlet.

Maybe you have a failing wall outlet or circuit breaker. Check the voltage out of the outlet.
Thought about that, I brought it to 2 different places, same problem.

Seems like resting no longer helps. It always stays at 00, cpu red now.

Statistically it should be mobo, I spoke to few people and they said chances of intel extreme cpu failing without heavy oc are very very low.

Looking for used mobo with same socket atm. Will update when I find one.

Hmmm. That sucks. Hard to trouble shoot shit without extra parts.

Good luck..

Back