Help Please

aggpirate

Limp Gawd
Well I jsut got a DFi lanparty UT and a x800xl pe and it will start, but nothing will dhow up. Can this be the MOBO

well --it won't boot ? won't splash the screen ?

we need a little more info.

sometimes a dead MB will just sit there and spin the fans--but dead cpu and or ram will do it too.

did you see anything of the MB led's??
also need a bit more info on the MB --chipset,ram, PSU ectra

ok forton 500w 1g balstic x 3200 all the fans spin etc and there are 4 orange leds in the top left corner

4led's mean it's trying to boot up--trying to detect the cpu and ram .

check to make sure you got all the little additional power leads plugged in.

and-- i would just take one stick of ram and try to re-boot the system-- if it is a no-go try again--each time move the ram to another slot untill you get it to boot up.

i would also un-plug any non-essential hardware untill i got the system to boot up.

The memory is very hard to get all the way down into the slots. Also the power cable 24pin is sometimes hard to get all the way down into it's socket. Be sure you have the four plug power cable plugged into it's socket. If you have all these in place your board should post. I am not familiar with your powersupply, the only thing is super important is the amps and volts supplies to the 12v,5v,3.3v rails. This is of ultimate importance, if your board is not getting adequate power it will not work.

Wow I feal stupid now I just got my WC stuff in and forgot to put the cpu in :rolleyes:
:slaps: DOH!

aggpirate said:
Wow I feal stupid now I just got my WC stuff in and forgot to put the cpu in :rolleyes:
:slaps: DOH!

ROFL...that was the funniest post I think I've ever seen :D.

--yeppers to that-- i haven't seen a MB yet that will boot with the cpu still on the truck-- :cool: :eek:

I forgot to install the CPU?!. LMAO. Take a break, get some shut eye and hit it again tomorrow.

Back