Help picking new motherboard

markland556

Limp Gawd
So heres where im at, i have an Asus A8N-SLI deluxe with an AMD FX-55 and an ATI x1900 VIVO. My OCZ ram seems to all of sudden not let me boot into windows and BSOD, so i bought some cheap Corsair ram to get me by playing CS.
Its been a long time with this system and its time for an upgrade. Time for some more cores!

Heres what im using the computer for:
basic email, web stuff
playing Counterstrike Source and eventually Diablo3
-nothing really too crazy, but im one of those guys that likes to go a little all out and make sure i dont have to upgrade for another few years.

Heres what i have in my mind:
AMD x6 1100T
Asus Crosshair V or IV (have heard a lot of problems about them though)
reuse my 650watt PSU and drives.
Also have watercooling that i should be able to adapt over to whatever new motherboard

I just want to know what you guys think i should get, i seem to get cought up with all these new fancy bios interfaces, and higher chipset numbers...
Id really like to not spend $500, but maybe shoot for around $300 if at all possible...

Just let me know what you guys think..

I know you asked about AMD CPU. however, the hex core thubans are a really bad value for the price, right now. :( (speaking as a former X6 owner).

I know you asked about AMD CPU. however, the hex core thubans are a really bad value for the price, right now. :( (speaking as a former X6 owner).

I don't see how you can say they're a bad value with the 1055t starting around $150 and the BE 1090T often dropping to ~$180. They're a good value if you can leverage the six cores. Otherwise, it would be better for most people to go with an x4.

Back