Help on New Graphics Card

Hi, I just bought a system with the following specs:

A64 3500+
Infinity RS482 Mobo
2GB DDR400 Memory - Dual Channel
200GB SATA150 Hard drive 7200rpm, 8MB cache

It is currently running on an integrated ATI Xpress1150 GPU..

What graphics card would you recommend for the system at various price levels so that it fits well with the rest of the PC? I want to be able to play Oblivion, FEAR, etc fairly well but don't want to spend too much seeing how fast graphic card prices drop. Thanks for any recommendations.

Also, should i wait with the integrated graphics now so i can get like a x1900xtx later for cheap at DX10 launch or something, because I think all the current cards will be much cheaper when the DX10 cards come out.

I think I'll get the X850XT since it's $20 cheaper and can be overclocked to a PE. I do have two concerns however- do I need a cooling solution for this card? Because I heard it runs very hot and loud, and I only have one pcix16 slot on my mobo so I might not be able to fit a cooling solution on it.

don't bother unless you're going to keep the card for a long time or want to overclock the card to upper XTPE speeds...

In windows... It's silent since you can set it to how fast you want the fan to run at... 5% during desktop.. During gaming run it at 50%... You shouldn't be bothered when gaming and you should be good with speakers up...

Back