help me get my steam account back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnewxcv

[H]F Junkie
so i get an IM on steam saying recently my account has been used on multiple IPs, click this link to verify it on your current ip(it was valveverification.uk or something) and i plugged in my shit and it said to do it again and right away im thinking fuck, they just stole that. and then my steam closed saying it was logged onto another computer. I go to steampwoered support and i cant login to make a claim, and it says they dont know anything about my account for when i try to retrieve login info. HELP

OMG ... I hate this steam vomit.
Sorry, but I too have made bad experience with them.
Bought a second hand game via ebay and couldn't use it cause of obvious reasons.
Yeah I know, afterwards you're always more clever and steam customer services were zero helpful.

Ergo: avoid steam under any circumstances.
There're better ways.

• In your situation I would get a friend of yours who has a steam account, to contact them - on your behalf.
  • Another thing I suggest is to sign up on their forums and express yourself there ... Forums Steampowered

And for the future ... avoid steam games.

• Another thing I suggest is to sign up on their forums and express yourself there ... Forums Steampowered

The only worthwhile thing you said. Thanks so much for your useless opinion. Most people only buy their games from Steam.

OP, the forums are usually very helpful, at least they have been for me in the past.

Valve warns users that they never have to give their information.

The only site is steampowered.com or steamcommunity.com

make sure https:// is in the website domain (you need that s)

NO ONE will ever ask you in an IM or anything to verify your shit.

Come on man, you should have known this.

Show as much transaction as you can when you ask for help in their supports page. Oh...And by the way, be careful next time! A simple check could have prevented it!

I have a very low ID account and I have a lot of games from it and there's just so much bullshit that people will tell you just to get that low SteamID plus your games...lol.

mnewxcv,

I have restored your account.

Thank you for using Steam Support and have a nice day.

Is that what you expect here?

I think Steam should add an additional password for when you change the email thats used for retreiving account info. That way even if somebody gets access they cant change the email. That is unless the passwords are the same. That would solve some of these stolen account issues I think.

I think Steam should add an additional password for when you change the email thats used for retreiving account info. That way even if somebody gets access they cant change the email. That is unless the passwords are the same. That would solve some of these stolen account issues I think.

Or people should just stop giving their information out like they're told to.

Did you use the cd key to get the game?

if you did search up recovering accounts and you need to take a picture with your name on the cd key and scan it onto the computer and open a dispute. They will disable the other account and add the game to your current account. I did this once when my account was scammed. Hope this helps a bit.

Eh, no use crying over spilled milk. You made a mistake and it bit you in the ass. Yeah, it sucks, but steam makes it very clear that they can't just get your account back and I don't blame them. What would stop someone from saying "my account got hacked etc etc", steam gives them a new one with their stuff on it, then oh, look, that person has 2 accounts. One for them and one for someone else? Learn from the experience and start over. (And I'm no being insensitive, I'm on my third account now...)

If I failed like that, I would try my best to get my account back. Just don't blame this on Steam like others have done.

Valve warns users that they never have to give their information.

The only site is steampowered.com or steamcommunity.com

make sure https:// is in the website domain (you need that s)

NO ONE will ever ask you in an IM or anything to verify your shit.

Come on man, you should have known this.

This.

Sadly, you know it's some kid that did this because who else would steal somebody's steam account? Did you have a lot of games on that account?

This reminds me when one of my distant Nigerian relatives sent me an email saying they had money for me, they just needed my bank info. Boy was I wrong about them.

Open a dispute with steam and give them either your credit card number you used to purchase some of the games on said account, or take a picture of the cd-key of a game on your account with the dispute number (i think) written down next to it. You just have to prove you do own that account and they will change the log-in info for you.

"Never tell your password to anyone."

This is the first thing that appears at the top of any SteamIM window and yet people still go bashing their password into any old window. No sympathy here I'm afraid :p

You need to recover your account through the steam support process found on their website www.steampowered.com , no one here can help you.

Oh boy, there seems to be one of these threads every day on every forum. Makes you think how can people still fall for it.

Oh boy, there seems to be one of these threads every day on every forum. Makes you think how can people still fall for it.

It's a tough lesson for those that do fall for it. I'm not really sure what else a company like Valve can do that they aren't already doing...

Online accounts, one of the scourge of PC gaming. I sometimes miss the late 90s/early 2000s when we didn't have them. It really didn't/doesn't bother me to insert a CD/DVD to play a game. It does bother the hell out of me when I can't remember a log on or password because everybody and their mother requires you to have one these days.

People hijack steam account because of steam id. Low digit steam IDs go for $50 to $200. I got my steam ID stolen i couldnt prove to steampowered it was mine, and when i tried to convince them it was my steam id, they disabled my second steam account as well. I lost both account with over $400 worth games.

It definitely pays to buy at least one of your steam games at retail. Should you ever get your account stolen, about the only thing they will accepts is a scan of your disc and key. It also helps to use a non free email account like the one your isp provides with your steam account, instead of hotmail, gmail, and the like.
Using an alphanumeric, upper and lower case password of 10 digits or more to lessen the odds of a brute force hack, and never giving your password to anybody, ever, can't hurt either.

I have close to a $1k worth of games off of steam. I would definitely be pissed if some one hacked it and even more so if I helped them.

Great, now I am paranoid, think I'll go change my password.

lol.. I guess you learned your lesson and maybe it will save you from releasing banking info to an unverified site.

wait i'm not sure I understand .

you simply clicked a link ?

or

you clicked a link and proceeded to enter your information , then click again ?

right .

i skimmed it and didn't connect , "plugged in my shit" to "i put in my information" right away.

People hijack steam account because of steam id. Low digit steam IDs go for $50 to $200. I got my steam ID stolen i couldnt prove to steampowered it was mine, and when i tried to convince them it was my steam id, they disabled my second steam account as well. I lost both account with over $400 worth games.

So what exactly is a "low" ID? Like below what number?

Anything lower than a 6 digit.

Anyone who bashes steam or valve for getting their account phished needs to man up and take the blame. Common sense goes a long way.

There's a market for anything and everything. I assume the market for low Steam IDs exists because players (assumably clan players) want to make it seem as if they have some sort of quasi-seniority that goes with a low Steam ID, though that's just a wild guess.

I myself have a five digit ID, so I'm a better player than 90% of you right off the bat -- in addition to being better looking and more successful ;)

lol well at least this thread got a good reaction. I know it was a stupid mistake and anyone on any computer forum should have known the difference, but ah what can ya do, contacted support and we'll see.

lol well at least this thread got a good reaction. I know it was a stupid mistake and anyone on any computer forum should have known the difference, but ah what can ya do, contacted support and we'll see.

Well you have a sense of humor about yourself, so you should go far in life my friend. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back