Help me complete a budget build with existing build

AnNiMosSiTY

Limp Gawd
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc

This is a pc for my wife to get her started on WoW, only thing else it will be used for is browsing and watching movies.

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?

Nothing set in stone but being a budget build I'd like to keep prices as low as possible.

3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.

US, Sacramento CA. Have Frys and Best Buy locally.

4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.

Motherboard, Video Card, Ram, CPU Cooler.

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.

I already have an I3-3225 CPU, 550 Watt PSU, Case, 256GB SSD, and 1TB Storage Drive.

6) Will you be overclocking?

No

7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?

1920 x 1080 21 inch and a seperate 1920 x 1080 37inch westinghouse for movies.

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?

ASAP, before xmas.

9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.

usb 3.0 and sata 6gbs, sli is not needed.

10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?

yes win7 64.

I need to know what components you would recommend to finish this build with what I have and possibly taking advantage of any cyber monday or upcoming deals. Not sure what motherboard to go with either, this rig will not be overclocked at all. I will possibly add a sound card to the mix later that has a headphone amp as well.

Last edited:
I recommend the following:
$70 - Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Intel B75 mATX Motherboard
$57 - Crucial CT102464BA1339 8GB DDR3 1333 RAM
$140 - PowerColor PCS+ AX7850 2GBD5-2DHPP Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E Video Card
$28 - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus HSF
---
Total: $295 shipped.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back