Help me choose a CPU waterblock

Chapeau

Gawd
It's time for a CPU block replacement!
This is my current build:

I've rebuilt this loop far too many times, and as a result I've managed to start some hairline cracks around the top fitting of the CPU block. 100% user error.

Contenders:

Same EK Nickel/Acrylic

ek-supremacy-evo_np_front1_800_1.jpg

EK Nickel Elite
ek-supremacy-evo_elite_front1_800.jpg

EK Nickel Standard
ek-supremacy-evo_fn_front1_800.jpg

Heatkiller IV Pro Acrylic
HK_IV_PRO_INTEL_Acryl_1.jpg

Heatkiller IV Pro Nickel

HK_IV_PRO_INTEL_NI_1.jpg

Any other suggestions?

I don't plan on changing the loop now that's it's basically running fine so the acrylic durability is less of an issue.
That said - I do like the thought of a solid metal top for peace of mind. The aesthetics wouldn't be as nice but maybe that's fine.

Has anyone had any good/bad experience with the heakiller blocks? They look like they're high quality.

I have the EK Supremacy EVO Original CSQ Elite Nickel top. I chose it because in the reviews I read at the time it seemed to perform the best.

I know EK's nickel coatings have a shady history, but I understand their current designs are good. I have certainly had no problems with this block and it seems to perform well.

From what I can tell the only difference between the Elite and non-Elite versions is that the Elite versions are shipped with Indigo Extreme solid TIM sheets specifically sized for the CPU you are intending to use.

I don't have any experience with the others you have posted, but for what it is worth, I would avoid anything that threads into an acrylic top. It just seems like an accident waiting to happen.

Back