Help get a boxen up!

84gthatch

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys I have a boxen that i am trying to get up and it's kicking my ass:(
it's a s754 and i bought a sempron 3000 for it and it's not even posting the fans just turn and thats it! I am wondering if their is anyone in the the southern california area that either has a s 754 board or chip that i could test out in this to see which one is bad? i have tried different ram, vid cards, hard drives etc... the only thing i don't have 2 of is a cpu and mobo so if yall can help that would be highly appreciated!!!

thanks william

i would also be willing to drive pretty much anywhere in southern california for this

it's a biostar K8NBP ver 1.3

how would you flash the bios if it doesn't do anything other then the fans turn on! thats it i have tried 2 different power supplies etc...

it's a sff system that i bought from the hotdeals section about 2 months ago i just haven't been able to get it up yet

84gthatch said:
it's a biostar K8NBP ver 1.3

how would you flash the bios if it doesn't do anything other then the fans turn on! thats it i have tried 2 different power supplies etc...

it's a sff system that i bought from the hotdeals section about 2 months ago i just haven't been able to get it up yet

You would need to find an older S754 chip to get the system up and running. Flash the BIOS and then replace the chips.

well then i need to change what i need. if their is anyone in so cal that has an older s754 chip that i can borrow or buy let me know so that way i can update my bios

84gthatch said:
well then i need to change what i need. if their is anyone in so cal that has an older s754 chip that i can borrow or buy let me know so that way i can update my bios
Where exactly in SoCal?

I'm currently having problems getting a box up and running as well. I've got 2 mobos, and one processor which I think has gone south.

Anyhoo...I could loan out the chip and it might work for you (which would let me know both my mobos are bad) or you could try your chip on one of my 2 mobos.

I'm in Orange (the city).

blakek ((AT)) gmail

Does anybody know why the Biostar K8NBP isn't on Biostar's site?

edit: oh, it's an iDEQ

Back