• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Help - Eyefinity 6 Issues

soekev

Gawd
Joined
Feb 26, 2005
Messages
925
For some reason, the new Eyefinity 6 cards are extremely buggy for me. Wreaking havoc on my formerly fairly peaceful 1GB EyeFinity config.
 
Any more info? What do you mean by buggy - artifacts? What was your previous setup - a standard 5870?
 
Yeah can't you give any more information? I don't understand the point of your thread if you're not even going to say anything except "E6 cards are buggy". Means nothing.
 
Yeah can't you give any more information? I don't understand the point of your thread if you're not even going to say anything except "E6 cards are buggy". Means nothing.
Whoa there, ghostrider, gotta gimme time to write up the problems.
Any more info? What do you mean by buggy - artifacts? What was your previous setup - a standard 5870?
Previous setup was a pair of the Sapphire 5870 1GB Vapor-X's with CrossFireX disabled for the most part because CFX didn't increase frame rates at all.

EyeFinity (1 DP, 2 DVI) with the 1GB 5870 was pretty smooth, enabling an EF group and doing bezel management pretty much worked on the 1st try.

With the new E6 card, I've experienced the DP flickering where it gets stuck in a loop of going into power save mode, then flashing the Windows desktop fine, then going back into power save mode, and so on. Workaround for this is to unplug one of the dongles and replug it. I've ordered some dongleless MiniDP-to-DP cables to see if it's a dongle issue, perhaps.

The other problem is my monitors fail to get detected correctly sometimes. If I go extended desktop, some of the time, both 3008wfp's are correctly detected but the ACD30 connected via MiniDP-to-DL-DVI dongle is detected as a Generic PnP monitor and given a default resolution of 640x480.

If extended desktop actually syncs correctly with the correct 30" resolution on all 3, then I go to setup an EF group, it will fail to sync correctly again and defaults all 3 displays to 640x480.
 
base on several reviews, it looks fine to me..

maybe you got a bad card :confused:
 
That's the problem with reviews, doesn't always tell the whole story.


Yep, that's and issue. We are working on a review system that will QA every piece of hardware in the world before it gets to you, and for free. And as for not telling the whole story, I think you need to take a look at your own thread there Sparky. :rolleyes:
 
With the new E6 card, I've experienced the DP flickering where it gets stuck in a loop of going into power save mode, then flashing the Windows desktop fine, then going back into power save mode, and so on. Workaround for this is to unplug one of the dongles and replug it. I've ordered some dongleless MiniDP-to-DP cables to see if it's a dongle issue, perhaps.

Does your DP to DVI dongle have the right firmware on it? Some do not.

Also, if you had CF installed and saw no increase in framerates, you are doing it wrong.
 
FWIW, we did not test any DP to DVI on our E6 cards. Figured if you were going to buy a 6 DP out card....you would have DP displays.
 
Experiencing similar issues with my new XFX 5970BE that I hadn't experienced with my 5850 crossfire setup. Sometimes the 3rd
monitor goes into a sleep cycle after exiting a 3d game. Are there known issues with mini DP to DP dongles?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
Well, after taking a break, I tested a few more configurations and tried first to get all 3 30" displays to sync in extended desktop mode and after a while, I got the dialog popup that "DisplayPort Link Failure" on the 30" ACD.

To isolate that out of the picture, I concentrated on just getting the 2 MiniDP-to-DP panels up and running, the 2 30" 3008wfps. Those didn't have a problem getting synced into a 2x1 EF configuration.

Next, I tried swapping different MiniDP outputs on the E6 card for the MiniDP-to-DL-DVI dongle. I ended up finding that the 3rd output from the bottom of the card synced the card correctly the first time. I had the top 2 outputs connected to the Dells. They seem to be numbered 0-5 from the top when you hover over the displays in CCC. I had connected the DVI to #2, then started from the bottom and worked my way up until #3 was synced.

My 3x1 7680x1600 EF group is back in action now.

As for doing CF wrong and having no increase in frame rates, there are several other threads where ppl are reporting the same performance issue when enabling CF and then disabling and using a single GPU. My specific issue is probably related to the fact that I'm using Dx9 in BC2 and not Dx11 as all the other reviews showed CF frame rate increases in BC2 when using Dx11.
 
Did you try any other games than BC2? That game is buggy as hell on even standard systems. Last I heard, it doesn't like more than 1 video card that much either.

I'm just saying, try other games and see if BC2 is the only one with issues. Wouldn't be surprised if it is.
 
Ill say the same thing that many llamas tell me here when I say I have a problem: it MUST be user error or your overclock and instability of your system causing the problem. Don't you hate it when people say that? Like yeah um why didn't I think of that...
 
Were you able to find any BLACK mini displayport to displayport cables?
 
Back
Top