• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help choosing Frys CPU/MOBO Combo

spectra260

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 23, 2003
Messages
149
My Frys Electronics has two combos ending tomorrow and I'm trying to decide what combo to get ~ http://www.frys.com/ads/page29#AdNavi

They have the AMD FX 8350 and MSI 970 board for $179 then they also have the Intel i5 4690 with ASUS H97 board for $239. I know the i5's are good for gaming but is it worth the $60 more? I wont be oc'ing just running stock. I'm running a Athlon II x4 635 now so I'm sure either way its gonna be a big upgrade. Thanks, look forward to hearing your reply's.
 
I personally think of the AMD FX CPUs as good fun for overclocking enthusiasts. So if you're going to stay at stock, I'd recommend the Intel combo. Also, the H97 motherboard has a more modern feature set than the AM3+ platform, and so you'd probably get a longer useful life out of the Intel platform. (If you want some AMD fun, try the FM2+ platform. Less expensive than AM3+, and newer tech as well.)
 
Back
Top