gassydaddy
n00b
- Joined
- Jun 26, 2007
- Messages
- 3
Hello,
This build will be for my sister in law and her 6 year old son. He doesnt have access to a computer and this will be their first computer in over 6 years. I just wanted to surprise them with a little gift.
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Mostly web browsing. Very little photo editing. HD media playback via HDMI to her TV. Some light gaming (games for kids?). Just an all around reliable machine.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
I would like to keep it around $500 (tax and shipping included). However, I can go up to $600 if needed.
3) Where do you live?
NYC
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Case
PSU
Mobo
CPU (cooler if needed)
RAM
HD
GPU
Keyboard/mouse (wireless if possible)
22"+ monitor
Later on down the line, I would also like to purchase speakers and an all in one machine (printer/scanner/fax) - these should not be included in the budget but some recommendations for a few would be great.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
CD/DVD burner (sata if that matters)
6) Will you be overclocking?
I would like to.
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
I would like to have 22"+ monitor.
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within a week or two.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? etc.
I dont think there is a need for any of those features but if they can be had with this budget - even better.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Yes - Windows 7.
This build will be for my sister in law and her 6 year old son. He doesnt have access to a computer and this will be their first computer in over 6 years. I just wanted to surprise them with a little gift.
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Mostly web browsing. Very little photo editing. HD media playback via HDMI to her TV. Some light gaming (games for kids?). Just an all around reliable machine.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
I would like to keep it around $500 (tax and shipping included). However, I can go up to $600 if needed.
3) Where do you live?
NYC
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Case
PSU
Mobo
CPU (cooler if needed)
RAM
HD
GPU
Keyboard/mouse (wireless if possible)
22"+ monitor
Later on down the line, I would also like to purchase speakers and an all in one machine (printer/scanner/fax) - these should not be included in the budget but some recommendations for a few would be great.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
CD/DVD burner (sata if that matters)
6) Will you be overclocking?
I would like to.
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
I would like to have 22"+ monitor.
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within a week or two.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? etc.
I dont think there is a need for any of those features but if they can be had with this budget - even better.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Yes - Windows 7.