• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

help a fellow [H] find a case.

chronic9

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Aug 18, 2004
Messages
5,854
hey all, i will be building my self a new rig this winter and selling my current pc whole (the 1 in the sig). So i need to find a case, iam willing to spend no more then $200 on one. I want something classy and clean looking. I have a CM Wave Master and thats super classy and clean. So i am looking to find a case, that has the front closing panel, so you dont have to see your optical drives. I cant find anything that looks good. Alot of cases out now a days are all crapy and plastic.

I did find one Lian-Li i believe, but it was 300 :( . So [H]elp me PLZ!!!! i need a new case.
 
Why don't you just get another Wavemaster? :p The Silverstone Nimitz is real sharp and larger but it's probably going for a lil' over $200... Think some of the Lili V-series with the front door are in that range. The Silverstone TJ03 is a good cheap alternative but it's steel (front bezzel is aluminum and reminiscent of the Wavemaster though).

The Antec Super Lanboy would be even cheaper but it's pretty fugly looking unless you mod it... No other quality cases with a door come to mind right now, usually most people want to avoid them drive doors, heh.
 
I have the the tsunami the original wavemaster :rolleyes: j/k. Its good, its light, it does vibrate sometimes. If you mind noise get a fan controller, also take the filter from the front it makes the fan make more noise, the filter is useless if you look from the bottom of the case you can see theres a gap between the filter and the fan so its almost useless. Also ahahahah man if I was you get a lian li this one

Pic
http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage...72-05.JPG/11-112-072-04.JPG/11-112-072-03.JPG

Info:
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=11-112-072&DEPA=0

If you want an eye catcher besides the one above get this silverstone
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=11-163-028&DEPA=0

Tell us what case you are looking for, quiet, etc.....
 
http://www.thermaltake.com/xaserCas...black/black.htm

120mm fans front and back, 5, 51/4 inch bays 2 ext 3.5 and 5 internal 3.5 inch bays, its a full size tower lots of room to work inside, it doesn't have a side window but it does have a see through EMI shield on the left and I think its pretty sharp looking. Its all aluminium including the front door which is lockable as well as the side panel and has a removable mobo tray. I also like the way the disks and devices are mounted on sliding rail systems. All this for $155.00
 
dunno how big a factor is size, but i've upgraded from a lian li pc60 and a coolermaster wavemaster to a coolermaster stacker, in my case i had to having a thunder k8w, which is a beast of a board. In all though i really like the stacker, the tooless thing is pretty nice, mounting drives etc withouth a screw driver... and it is secure.

Its a full tower so it stands about 22inches.
 
i like that case ALOT. too bad its so $$. maybe i can find it for cheaper some where.

Impulse said:
Ouch, when I said a lil' over $200 I really meant $270 for the Nimitz/TJ03... :p I like the fact that you can switch the door to either side though, not so sure about it's fan arrangement in general, I still like the TJ06's inner design better but that's one steel (Al bezzel) and has no door. It's a sweet looking thing either way:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-163-014&depa=0
 
Back
Top