Help a brotha out!

Aaron11

[H]ard|Gawd
My friend is looking o build a new PC for gaming and I thought he could use your guys' help. Any help is appreciated.
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Gaming
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?

$900, tax and shipping included, please.
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
Fresno, CA 93720
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
CPU, ram, GPU, mobo, psu, case, hard drive, dvd burner, wifi card, cpu cooler (fan-based)
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
my monitor, keyboard, and mouse, and headset
6) Will you be overclocking?
Yes
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?

1920*1080 24"
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within a month
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
USB 3.0, SATA III, 8 channel audio, UEFI
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Yes, 64-bit Windows 7.

do you have any preferable cpu brand (AMD or INTEL) you would like to go with? if not, for that you could get almost the same thing, I'm running with a few upgrades .
the chose is really up to you in the end. i would check newegg.com or tigerdirect.com.

Last edited:
I don't have a preference but I was thinking Intel would be better for gaming.

I'm not sure when he's planning on ordering stuff, but I think he said he wouldn't be able to order anything for Black Friday.

Are we looking at the beginning of December or closer to (read: a week or two before) Christmas?

Back