Hello Kitty Case Mod - what Dads have to do for their daughters!

Robert777

n00b
Last year I did my first ever case mod. I build a custom Hello Kitty PC for my 8-year old daughter. In the process I have learned a lot and gain a whole new level of appreciation for case modders and professional painters. It was a fun project, but not without challenges. I've worked with materials I have never done so before, and used actual automotive paint for project - base coat, gold flake/pearl, and a clear coat. I'm not going to re-post the whole thing here, but instead, here are some pics and a link to my blog where I documented the entire project. Hope I'm not breaking any rules here :) Anyway, feel free to check it out and ask any related questions you may have. Hopefully, this will inspire anyone who has never done it before to give modding a try.

IMG_5651.JPG

IMG_5652.JPG

IMG_5653.JPG

IMG_5654.JPG

IMG_5655.JPG

IMG_5656.JPG

IMG_5658.JPG

IMG_5660.JPG

IMG_5665.JPG

IMG_5668.JPG

Blog: http://hellokittycasemod.blogspot.com/ (you have to click on older links to get newer pages. There was no other way to reverse sorting of the posts :( )

Looks great, with one execption. Cut out the rear fan holes please. I bet 10 bucks says that most of the air isnt going anywhere.

Aw, she looks really happy with it. Nice work! :)

But please, get her a proper desk with a keyboard tray (or maybe you could add one to the current setup) and a chair that will adjust to the right height for her to use the PC in an ergonomic fashion.

I'm envisioning a whole new generation of kids suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome and RSI before they even hit high school. :(

Mad props, my girlfriend loves hello kitty. No, she is not 12. She is 21.

Nice job, next up is should be painting the monitor and speakers pink and then picking up a pink mouse. Then your set.

Thanks Guys for all your feedback :) Yeah, my daughter is thrilled to have it. I may paint the monitor and speakers when the weather warms up a bit more. I don't really have a place to do it indoor. I'll have to setup a temp spray booth in my driveway :)

Dude you got to send this picture to Japan... there's bound to be someone there who will go mad crazy for it!

Wow the rig looks great. I bet she loves how Badtz Maru and Kerropie are on the front of her PC. Your daughter must love Hello Kitty since it seems her room is decorated in that theme. Really nice job!

@dizolit: why would his daughter play Crysis?? :confused: Probably wont happen unless you can mod the game so that the terrain is pink and yellow, all the characters are Hello Kitty characters and she shoots happy flowers out of her gun. :) (whoops sorry, didn't see the "I jest" comment :p )

good dad.

I kinda think u enjoyed making it more than most projects. I mean, it's for your daughter. U have to enjoy it. Did she watch u make it?

Aww you're an amazing father for putting that together. She looks very happy!

Dude you got to send this picture to Japan... there's bound to be someone there who will go mad crazy for it!

Funny thing is that the blog has been visited from all over the world *except* Japan LOL
When I took the family to Epcot, I showed these pics to the girls at the Japanese exhibit. They loved it :D

All that work and this is the hardware you put in it?!?!

Pop a i7 980x with a 5970 in there so your poor daughter can play Crysis on enthusiast settings. I couldn't even imagine being that age and having such a weak computer!

I jest, that is some incredible work. That case is a work of art.

Hey, at least I left room for expansion ;) Thx! I'm waiting for someone to come out with a killer white/red or pink mombo. Then I might be tempted :)

good dad.

I kinda think u enjoyed making it more than most projects. I mean, it's for your daughter. U have to enjoy it. Did she watch u make it?

Yes, she was helping with some of it too. She really enjoyed using a torch on the acrylic feet. Not sure if it was how smooth and clear it was becoming, or the fact that I allowed her to play with a mini flamethrower :))

This is incredibly well done. Outstanding job, Robert!!

You have inspired me to work on something like that when I become a dad down the road. :p

Someone put this man on the front page or give him a sweet title like "Best Dad Ever!". He sure as hell deserves it, that thing is effing sweet.

Also that pink AR is awesome! I don't think anyone will be making fun of your manhood for having something pink while you are holding that.

great job on the case :)

and @ least when she grows out of the HK stuff you'll be able to sell that case to some fanatical HK fan somewhere ;)

Outfreakingstanding. The last pic with her smile says it all. You sir are a King among men.

Back