Heavy Rain

Domingo

Fully [H]
So, anyone else picking this game up? I like the whole psycho killer/murder mystery angle, plus the audio and video are top notch. I have to hope I'll get used to the weird controls, too.
Is this out today or is it tomorrow? I've got a $10 Best Buy card burning a hole in my pocket.

It came out today, go pick it up and tell us how it is

This! ^

I am pretty anxious for this game. I got my PS3 a few months ago mainly for Blu-Ray but just finished Uncharted and have fallen in love with the system. Heavy Rain and Uncharted 2 are the next two games I am looking forward to.

I think this is the worst thing about my fancy new PS3: Get a new game then sit for 10 minutes waiting for a damned update to download and install.

I've only played about a half hour. I like the demo, but so far the beginning of the game has me really hating six axis or as I call it suck axis. The motions just don't add to the experience they hamper it.

I'm sure the story will be good, but playing the demo turned me off. I knew the game played that way, but after actually trying it I really don't think it's for me... at least not at $60.

I think I'm holding out for the $20 price tag.

I'm sure the story will be good, but playing the demo turned me off. I knew the game played that way, but after actually trying it I really don't think it's for me... at least not at $60.

I think I'm holding out for the $20 price tag.
That's understandable. I finished the first couple hours (before stopping to watch Lost) and really enjoyed it. The demo, of course, can't convey how the story and your feelings about the story change depending on what you do or fail to do in every scene. That's the part that I'm excited about so far. While you know that certain things are inevitably going to happen, the process changes the details.

I am very intrigued by the game, I enjoyed Indigo Prophecy and the Heavy Rain demo, but like others have said I will most likely wait for a price drop on this one.

duplicating my post from rage3d:

i played and finished the full title today. this is the first title i've played and finished in a single sitting since i was 16 and played all the way through deus ex when it was released in 2000.

at any rate, i absolutely loved it. the amount of attention to detail in everything, the environments, texturing, everything was beautiful. there were a few moments of goofy voice acting, but i enjoyed the overall experience so much that i totally overlooked it. the sequences with ARI were absolutely awesome, especially the "office" environments. i found myself actually caring about what happened to the characters as the plot unfolded. it really is like playing through a movie, and i mean that as a compliment.

i also think that it'll have quite a lot of replay value because there are so many variables and ways to change things in it. i look forward to playing it again, albeit differently.

Last edited:
So far so good - although I still think the controls are a little weird.
The atmosphere reminds me a bit of the movie Seven and a book I read 9-10 years ago called Birdman.

duplicating my post from rage3d:

i played and finished the full title today. this is the first title i've played and finished in a single sitting since i was 16 and played all the way through deus ex when it was released in 2000.

at any rate, i absolutely loved it. the amount of attention to detail in everything, the environments, texturing, everything was beautiful. there were a few moments of goofy voice acting, but i enjoyed the overall experience so much that i totally overlooked it. the sequences with ARI were absolutely awesome, especially the "office" environments. i found myself actually caring about what happened to the characters as the plot unfolded. it really is like playing through a movie, and i mean that as a compliment.

i also think that it'll have quite a lot of replay value because there are so many variables and ways to change things in it. i look forward to playing it again, albeit differently.

I got a chance to play the game for a few hours last night and I pretty much feel the same way, loving it so far :)

Games like Heavy Rain make me actually happy in a way that PS3 is #3 right now. It almost forces Sony to get real creative when it makes it's own exclusive games and to put a lot of work into them to get people to buy PS3. PS3 exclusives the past couple years are all really bad-ass.

Played it for a few hours last night and had a blast. Really took me back to a more interesting time in gaming, a time when I could not resist squeezing one more ounce of story out of my gaming session. The PS3 desperately needed this.

Games like Heavy Rain make me actually happy in a way that PS3 is #3 right now. It almost forces Sony to get real creative when it makes it's own exclusive games and to put a lot of work into them to get people to buy PS3. PS3 exclusives the past couple years are all really bad-ass.
Let's not give Sony more credit than they deserve. They didn't design or develop the game, nor do they own the company that did. They made what could be (depending on how sales go) a good decision to acquire the game as a PS3 exclusive, but Quantic Dream (the makers of the acclaimed Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy) is the company responsible for the game itself.

I don't think Sony has anything to do with Quantic Dream... I mean, this game was shown a year before the PS3 even released with that tech demo of that woman crying and pointing a gun at the camera.

I could be mistaken, but i'm not sure if Quantic Dream is owned by Sony. It's actually surprising when you look at Quantic Dream's resume as far as games goes... It's short:

1999 Omikron: The Nomad Soul Windows, Dreamcast
2005 Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) Windows, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360
2010 Heavy Rain PlayStation 3
TBA Omikron 2 TBA

It says that they they're a French videogame developer founded in 1997 and that the company also supplies motion capture services to the film and video game industries. So I'm guessing if they're not owned my Sony then perhaps the majority of their profits might be coming from their motion capture for film because the last game they released was Indigo Prophecy 5 years ago and it would surprise me that they could stay afloat just on videogame revenue.

I played for 3 or 4 hours last night, game is really good. I haven't hit anything that felt HUGE and important with the story, but i think it'll be amazing when the story starts to come together. I would highly recommend this game to anyone, the controls, story, looks of the game are done so well it's really impressive. This game doesn't try to copy any other games, they do it their way, kinda like the difference between most fps games and stalker, this game is a complete different direction than any other story driven single player game. If you liked indigo prophecy you'll like this.

I don't think Sony has anything to do with Quantic Dream... I mean, this game was shown a year before the PS3 even released with that tech demo of that woman crying and pointing a gun at the camera.

Agree the game was already planned while the Sony Exec were still flying high on PS2's success and dogging their competition.

Quantic Dream actually caught a break because their tech demo was the only thing that was actually running on the PS3 dev kit at the time. So Sony decided to showcase their tech demo, which was great exposure for the lesser known company and game.

Im sitting here at work wanting to play. This is something I love to play in the dark late at night. Even the fiancee cant wait to watch me play. haha. she loved the demo. I wish the booklet had more to it. i use to love reading them. Would be cool if they hid clues in the booklet

man.. i hope my wife like this kind of movie too so I have an excuse when i buy this game this week :D

Just finished the game in around 10 hours. The game felt set up pretty well so you wouldn't confidently figure out who the killer was in your first play through, at least for me anyway.

The QTE wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, although during action scenes I had to hold my controller higher than usual so I could swing the controller down if I had to.

One thing I thought was pretty cool was all the different paths you could take, always kept me wondering what would happen if I finished a scene the other way. I figure I could get two more playthroughs, one doing everything the good way(saving everyone, doing everything right) and one doing everything bad(letting everying die).

Just finished the game in around 10 hours. The game felt set up pretty well so you wouldn't confidently figure out who the killer was in your first play through, at least for me anyway.

The QTE wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, although during action scenes I had to hold my controller higher than usual so I could swing the controller down if I had to.

One thing I thought was pretty cool was all the different paths you could take, always kept me wondering what would happen if I finished a scene the other way. I figure I could get two more playthroughs, one doing everything the good way(saving everyone, doing everything right) and one doing everything bad(letting everying die).

I am kinda worried about the QTEs. I got my butt kicked the two times I played through the demo. I generally abhor lowering the difficulty in games but this is one game I may not mind since I want to have a frustration free experience.

I am kinda worried about the QTEs. I got my butt kicked the two times I played through the demo. I generally abhor lowering the difficulty in games but this is one game I may not mind since I want to have a frustration free experience.

Don't beat yourself over it, if you're not having fun with QTE's it won't kill you to lower the difficulty. It gets much worst later on. The part in the game with the "electricity" QTEs, that seriously pissed me the fuck out, and I'm normally fine with QTE events in games.

Managed to have this spoilt for me earlier. I feel sorry for anyone sad enough that doing that sort of thing brings some pleasure to their lives.

/\ that blows.
Its one reason Im afraid to go into a game thread for something I haven't played cause many people dont put alerts or anything .
As for QTE...only reason that screws me over is b/c I am so use to the xbox controller so when an Icon pops up, Im like" what where, this one?" So i kinda have to think about it instead of just doing it.

Not going into the thread sadly wouldn't have helped. They spammed it as the thread title on one of the forums I visit. (and spammed a bunch of threads with it too)

Anyone see this on sale anywhere ?

Amazon has it for $54.99, but you missed out on the $10 credit and free next day shipping for Pre-ordering.

I'm enjoying the game so far, but I think the main character is sort of dumb. I'm only a few hours in though so we'll see how it pans out.

Also its kind of neat to turn on the AMP/Soap Opera Effect feature on your TV with the game. Makes it feel more realistic. I'd only put it on low or medium though.

well... i was gunna get this but.. let this one slide through my finger tips as i preordered ffxiii and god of war iii.. maybe if i can score som mo dough!

Gamestop has a 50% trade in bonus offer. I may buy it and then sell it towards a GoW3 pre-order. Should lose too much money.

Just completed this. Great game, buggy as hell though.

Obviously very short, but we knew this.

Back