Heavy Metal AMD Threadripper Teaser

I literally laughed at this video, in a good way. Not because of it being AMD or anything but just the whole presentation.

AMD recognizing!

I also love the 90s marketing theme.

If only they'd bring back the ATI girl:

55295-1.png

the guy runs a 32core/64thread on the back of his head without watercooling ? i call BS

AMD recognizing!

I also love the 90s marketing theme.

If only they'd bring back the ATI girl:

View attachment 83426
I actually discussed this with AMD about a year ago. I felt as though it would be a boon to their marketing to bring Ruby back, but given all the #metoo stuff going on, we are not allowed to appreciate good looking women any more. Where have you been?

One of those dead greek dudes figured out that the brain is just a big blood cooling device, so AMD finally figured how to fully utilize all the excess cooling capacity of the oversize (compared to the brains of animals massing the same as a human) human brain.

Who's to say that's not Ruby in the Threadripper trailer? She might've decided to shave her head so she could jack threadripper 2 directly to her brain.

I am an old raver and techno person myself and I have to say that presentation... made sense to me. Let's get crazy together, AMD. Now, give me a proper ryzen laptop that isn't a complete compromise :(

Had to hit wiki for this. Sorry, # is a number, not pound. Really doubt most of the world would say something else.

You are either young or not from North America.

"In American English, the term "pound sign" usually refers to the symbol #, and the corresponding telephone key is called the "pound key". In Canadian English the symbols £ and # are both called the pound sign."

You are either young or not from North America.

"In American English, the term "pound sign" usually refers to the symbol #, and the corresponding telephone key is called the "pound key". In Canadian English the symbols £ and # are both called the pound sign."

You fucking image literally says "most adults in the world". Unless you're implying north America is the world haha

In Texas the # is the brand for the Checkerboard Ranch.

Would the new 16 core make sense in a mitx factor? I really don't can't go back to towers in the living room

How much are these things going to cost? I have no need for 32 cores but somehow I want them. :notworthy:

32 cores is the right thing to do, and you should never ask how much doing the right thing will cost, we here at the [H] always do the right thing.

Had to hit wiki for this. Sorry, # is a number, not pound. Really doubt most of the world would say something else.
Internet wasn't a thing back in the day. That symbol used to only mean 2 things, number or pound. It was most commonly referred to as the pound symbol as that's how it was used most often. Now that has changed, but us that grew up in the era before social networks, it's an old habit that's hard to break.

They still call it pound to this day, "Please enter your 6 digit account number followed by the pound key" is a common IVR (the robot you have to get through before talking to a representative at large businesses....aka Interactive Voice Response) statement.

did you see in that video what they're gonna do with that CPU? Wire it into the back of your cranium ...

Is it just me, or did the line about hacking big iron from the movie "Hackers" pop into anyone else head?

Back