Heavily Overclocked RTX 2080 Ti Averages 51 FPS in 3DMark Raytracing Benchmark

I'd like to know how does this card with its ultra oc compares to a titan rtx?

I agree. A bit of a sidetrack but I can't wait to see a comparative tear-down of a new Titan vs. the TI. Every single review I read for the 2080/2080TI's stated how the NV firmware has some pretty strict power limiters which have a significant impact on final OC numbers. We saw this with Pascal and it's even more so now. I believe this is also why his OC #'s on LN were marginal compared to H20. MSI made a Trio version of the 2080TI with 3x8pin connectors and a custom BIOS that increased the power limit but reviews of them are pretty rare. They also had some non-space invader problems. That makes me wonder how many other components of the board are reaching their limits. This all leads to the question of how much is upgraded for the Titan.

It will be nice once ray tracing is not literally the "shiny new thing" where every developer feels like they must use reflective surfaces on everything to show that it is there. I would prefer ray tracing be used for accurate lighting and some reflections.

As to the FPS achieved in the benchmark I am ok with 50 FPS in a non-twitch based game as long as it is a smooth 50 FPS. And if a 1st gen RTX card could crush a new benchmark how useful would that benchmark be in the future?

Reactions: MaZa
like this
I get the sense that the ray trace haters loveSssss themS some AMD.. Which is absolutely looney tune.

Loving a corporation with no emotional attachment to you is crazy. Hating a company because thry gave you ray tracing is crazy. All these lame whiny comments are crazy.

Hating a company that's selling a $1200 graphics card that cant hit 60fps UNDER LIQUID NITROGEN is perfectly reasonable.

Since when is 50fps in a brand new 3dmark bench bad? They intentionally design the benchmarks to round up new technologies to showcase what can be done. It takes several generations before you see solid 60 fps performance on any of them.

We should be bitching about the price instead..

3dmark stopped looking advanced around 03 - 06 --- same old clouds, shiny orange suited men, and graphics that look not a day older than 2011. I'm not nit picky but come on. Where's something with balls? A jungle setting with guns like Crysis or Rambo or something to show off the individual RT lighting. Something to get me excited again! Something manly!

YYzILlh.png

Since when is 50fps in a brand new 3dmark bench bad? They intentionally design the benchmarks to round up new technologies to showcase what can be done. It takes several generations before you see solid 60 fps performance on any of them.

50FPS on a monster OCd $1300+ card, chilled with liquid nitrogen... So basically the stock 2080ti would struggle to do 40FPS, and a 2070 would struggle to do even 20FPS, not a good look for a minimum outlay of $600 for just graphics hardware, let alone the rest of the system...

But totally agree with you on the price front, at half the price, these cards would be damn interesting, and a must have for most.

Personally, nGreedia should have engineered the card with more RT resources, as they are being proven to be lacking in the consumer Turing chips. They could have done it, and still kept the RTX Titan "competitive".

I totally get all the RT hate, but then again... Have you truly contemplated the technological enhancement that RT is? I picked up a 2080ti after telling myself I'd skip the 20xx series cards and don't think I could go back, I'm super impressed.

I get 70ish FPS on BFV with RT and other settings on ULTRA with my 2k panel. Its not 144hz by any means but the game play is absolutely gorgeous.

Your post was mighty suspicious until that bold part when I realized I was reading an article on the verge on something. Oh, wait I am still on [H].

Gorgeous game play... Jesus Christ.

Your post was mighty suspicious until that bold part when I realized I was reading an article on the verge on something. Oh, wait I am still on [H].

Gorgeous game play... Jesus Christ.

I'm sorry that I offended you with my word choice. Actually, I'm not, and I'll stick by it, game play was gorgeous. Would play game again, 10/10.

Why don't you pull that AMD card out of your ass and and contribute something useful?

That's what all the butthurt and ex-wife bitchiness in every Nvidia thread these days is really about, but most fragile egos would rather latch onto any other reason than admit it's about price.

Meanwhile they continue to sell out at retail as quickly as they come into stock, and the price hasn't budged. Nowinstock, eBay and Amazon give a pretty good aggregate thumbnail of what the market's doing.

I'm completely indifferent to 2000 series until the price drops to what I paid for my 1080Ti, but the tantruming and entitlement-syndrome is hilarious to watch.

Last edited:
Ray tracing appears to be more viable out of the gate than AA was on the first cards to implement it. I don't remember being able to enable AA while maintaining anything close to playability during those early days until quite a few GPU generations in. Around the time of the Geforce 3 I think?

Hating a company that's selling a $1200 graphics card that cant hit 60fps UNDER LIQUID NITROGEN is perfectly reasonable.

The market sets those prices so shouldn't you hate your fellow consumers for the willingness to pay that amount?

The market does set the price, but I do love the chant of 'its sold out so must be selling well' because there are a lot of reasons something can be out of stock, especially with theorized failure rates and those large ass dies.

So far the 2080 series is just languishing on shelves.

Ray tracing appears to be more viable out of the gate than AA was on the first cards to implement it. I don't remember being able to enable AA while maintaining anything close to playability during those early days until quite a few GPU generations in. Around the time of the Geforce 3 I think?

Yep. Ray tracing has been out of reach for years so it's only logical to think that it's going to take a bit of time to see the hardware and software improve. Then again some of the detractors here hate anything Nvidia related.

The market does set the price, but I do love the chant of 'its sold out so must be selling well' because there are a lot of reasons something can be out of stock, especially with theorized failure rates and those large ass dies.

So far the 2080 series is just languishing on shelves.

And under fire hydrants... ;) ... I kid ... I kid...

I'm sorry that I offended you with my word choice. Actually, I'm not, and I'll stick by it, game play was gorgeous. Would play game again, 10/10.

Why don't you pull that AMD card out of your ass and and contribute something useful?

Did you really meant the gameplay, not the scenery, is gorgeous? Then please accept my sincere apologies.

And what does AMD have to do with your poor choice of words? I haven't had an AMD product in my rig for 12+ years.

Back