Heatware situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwiz

Limp Gawd
Im having an issue with a seller, I bought a laptop off him and it had a few issues, Which none of these issues were stated by the seller. The issue is i sent him a few messages about my concerns and he responded, but only to pretty much tell me he knew nothing of what i was talking about and pretty much telling me, I was lying. He did offer to give me a refund but I was short on time for the start of the semester so it wouldn't have worked, also i wanted to try and work out a deal for some of the money back to replace the glass. After no response to my follow up message, and a month to give he due time to respond. In return he ended up giving me negitive heat, stating i was trying to scam him or something.

I have linked all info to get opinions and to find out if there is anything i can do to get this negative heat reversed.

His Heat: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=61764

My Heat: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=84794

Original Ad: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1801200&highlight=

My Image host: http://i3oost.imgur.com/all/
Images of what I received Link fixed

Also have videos of the Cpu fan grinding noise and the bluray not working.

If you look at his ad at the only picture of the palm rest and not a screen picture, you can see three little dots, these dots are in the same place but reverse on the glass of the screen. meaning these chips, divots, heavy scrapes were there before i bought it and he neglected to tell me about it.

Last edited:
The seller did offered you a full refund, and you refused. The rest is not needed.

I also would have taken him up on the refund offer and been done with it. We can't see the pics because they aren't public, but it's possible that he hadn't noticed any problem. People differ in the amount of detail they typically perceive.

I agree with bail_w, he offered a full refund and you didn't accept. At most should of been a neutral feedback about the situation.

This is a flaw in the heatware system, I feel your pain. I have chose not to leave negative/neutral feedback several times, because I felt the seller would be cheap enough to leave retaliatory negative feedback.

Last edited:
This is a flaw in the heatware system, I feel your pain. I have chose not to leave negative/neutral feedback several times, because I felt the seller would be cheap enough to leave retaliatory negative feedback.

You need to get the facts straight before posting. The buyer (Gwiz) posted a negative eval on the seller's heatware account even though the seller (Danyune) offered him a full refund (~1 month later). Of course, the seller will post a negative eval on the buyer's account to share his side of the story. The buyer was looking for partial refund instead of shipping the laptop back to the buyer for a full refund. So, what pain are you talking about.

The deal was accepted "as is" by you when you refused the refund.....the negative heatware was unnecessary...he offered to make it right, you refused.

i also noticed that he said after 1 day you opened a paypal claim?

"One day, literally one day after I shipped the item, he submitted a paypal claim that I did not ship the said laptop. It showed up on tracking and he kept the dispute open only to never close it. He started making up excuses to try to get money and keep the laptop, just like the previous buyer."

The seller did offered you a full refund, and you refused. The rest is not needed.

Exactly. If I was the seller and offered a full refund and the buyer did not take it, and furthermore waited a month to post negative heat, I would leave negative feedback also, and I would likely come here and make the case publicly.

"One day, literally one day after I shipped the item, he submitted a paypal claim that I did not ship the said laptop. It showed up on tracking and he kept the dispute open only to never close it. He started making up excuses to try to get money and keep the laptop, just like the previous buyer."

This is inexcusable if true, OP is tentatively on my do not buy list.

I think you over reacted. I have dealt With Him in the past on NBR and never had an issue. after offering a refund what else could he do?

I understand your frustration with the timing of the return, but a sale is a sale regardless of time. You're at fault and it seems like you've already started digging a hole. I'd do my best to stop and fix the situation with the seller. Because the seller is in the right... period.

This is not true it was not one day after he shipped the item, this was five days after he said he shipped it and there was no info received when trying to track and USPS said that the tracking number giving wasn't even in their system. I wasn't trying to scam anyone, I was protecting myself and my money.

The problem was he offered I said I had to keep but I wanted to work something out, and after calling me a lier he quit answering me, the problem is the feedback not the laptop and it's many issues that I have fixed.

I left him feedback a month after he quit talking to me and hadn't signed in, just stating that his description of the laptop which he said was "very good" was not true and it was missing things that were supposed to be included. I don't think that gives him the right to get on heat ware and call me an awful buyer, who was trying to scam him and post just plain lies.

There was no scratch on the corner or what ever he said in the evaluation, these were real issues like blurry drive not working and the Cpu fan making a grinding noise, that I just wanted to discuss with him. Either way it's not really a good seller move to just ignore a buyer, that shouldn't be the way things are handled.

Album link fixed

But he did offer you a full refund if you return the laptop in which you decline. If you are so unhappy with so many issues with the laptop, you should take the refund and move on. Instead, you are trying to make him give you partial refund for all these "issues".

he offered a refund and you flat out told him you'd keep it...

get over it, you messed up

If you look at the screen pics, you can easily see there is something wrong with it whether it be a scratch or just dirt.

I wouldve inquired about it prior to purchasing.

After the refusal of the refund the deal was done. Making this thread is just an attempt to gain sympathy.

Anyone else notice the sellers heatware and the other negative feedback for what I would say is probably they same laptop other then 1 number listed in the description. Seems like the problems with the laptop are the same between both people whom had problems with it.

I didn't read all the comments in the feedback just the first couple lines of the other negative against the seller so I don't have all the details. AKA I have better shit to do then involve myself in internet drama.

But yea if he offered a refund it should have been acted upon. If your starting school soon or something maybe you should have been more prepared in getting a laptop sooner for school.(That's saying I understood the whole thing right with my skimming) Furthermore WTF do you need an alienware laptop for internet, notes, and reports in college?

He did offer to give me a refund but I was short on time for the start of the semester so it wouldn't have worked

BLAM! End of argument he offered you a full refund... NO ONE is ever obligated to offer you a "partial" refund... because just like you cant trust him... He can't trust you.... How does he know you didn't just drop that? Or your cat/dog/child/buffalo got frisky with it.

You got lazy kid... you coulda used library computers if you really had to and you know it. You needed an Alienware for your damn League of Legends addiction.

You snooze you lose... shoulda jumped on that refund like it was a hot swiss model.

If you look at his ad at the only picture of the palm rest and not a screen picture, you can see three little dots, these dots are in the same place but reverse on the glass of the screen. meaning these chips, divots, heavy scrapes were there before i bought it and he neglected to tell me about it.

Benefit of the doubt son... Could be shipping damage. And he offered you a full refund...

I don't ignore many people here on [H] but you have made my ignore list OP. I don't want to risk ever doing business with you. Your actions are unacceptable IMHO.

Good luck all the same.

I don't know guys... need to be real careful selling and shipping stuff that is damaged. Detail the nitpicky items in the adds and test/repair anything thoroughly before you send it out. OP, I think it was a bad move to leave the seller negative heat after you refused the refund but there is a reason for this thread to exist:

Heatware.com does not seem to be actively monitoring their service. You cannot change heatware once it has been issued even though the website makes it seem like you can. Is this a problem? Yeah, maybe, sort of. But just be damn sure it's a really big deal if you're going to -1 someone because you can bet unless they never get a chance to see it, you're getting one back.

Glad you posted that, Gillbot. My spidey sense is tingling, and the link you posted spells out what I feel might've been happening here. Not that you are implying as much, of course.

I try to believe the best in people, but I believe i've had this happen a couple of times to me. The first time I caved and offered a partial refund but it seemed to pop up more and more often with myself and others I know. On the next one I offered a full refund, no more, no less and the buyer flat refused. He kept trying to get me to refund $5 for this, $10 for that, etc. Later I found a WTB thread from the buyer with a max price listed, and coincidentally all the refunds he asked for would have dropped the price to exactly what his original WTB was listed at. I found that to be way too much of a coincidence to ignore.

To me, anytime someone refuses a full refund for any reason, the deal is over.

Yeah, OP. Only heatware situation I see is that you left him a negative. He offered you a full refund and you refused and tried to haggle him over bullshit instead. I notice your photo album is gone.

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=61764

Take a look at (not OPs) but whom he bought the laptop from.

Comments: Everything went smoothly until I received the laptop.

Laptop was in very bad condition and he failed to mention a lot of problems.

1. Bad firmware flash disabled keyboard lighting modification.
2. Overheating constantly.
3. Disc drive isn't recognized by motherboard.
4. Battery is no good.
5. BSODs instantly in Windows every time.

These are just what I remember off hand.
I messaged him on Hardforum to try and square this away on Hardforum, and his attitude was that he doesn't think I was cheated and he doesn't know the problems I described. A "too bad" attitude is very unprofessional and undesirable in a trader/seller.
Buyer Beware.
Response from Dyune: Buyer admits he did not even look at the picture of the item and feels he "received the wrong item". I had none of these problems he mentions, and he some how has all of them?

Previous buyer had no problems with it either. He is also an avid forum browser on NBR and [H]. I have been a member for over 7 years and have never once had a problem with anything I've sold.

I believe he knew what he was buying and wants to dispute his old broken one and keep the one I sent him.

Would not deal with again, has shady characteristics. First claimed he wanted the laptop for the light up keyboard to use at night. The next PM he claims "his business name has gone down" because the laptop was not ready for a customer. He likes to change his story to try to manipulate his way.

Maybe the seller is shady?

But all in all, you fucked up by not taking a refund. Take it as a lesson learned.

Did you really open a PayPal dispute one day after you sent the payment because the tracking didn't show up?
If that's true then holy shit, that's fucked up.
I sold a case to a [H] user here and he pulled the exact same shit on me. You don't do that. Either way you're added to my ignore list for being sketchy as hell.

Last edited:
Did you really open a PayPal dispute one day after you sent the payment because the tracking didn't show up?
If that's true then holy shit, that's fucked up.
I sold a case to a [H] user here and he pulled the exact same shit on me. You don't do that. Either way you're added to my ignore list for being sketchy as hell.

^^This

Gwiz, welcome to the DNT list.

Sometimes USPS tracking numbers don't show up immediately. I have had some that didn't show up until the following day. Gotta have patience.

Everyone knows this Gilthanis but that "system" is abused by many sellers these days. While the OP clearly does not have a leg to stand on here, there are many sellers who will create a label online and wait days to ship it. Meanwhile, they send you tracking and claim its shipped then blame it on USPS for being late only to find out that it was dropped off late.

USPS has been very good the past year about updating their tracking as well. Its not great yet, but they will atleast show that the package has been accepted into their system. After that, it is generally a crap shoot but since its all automated and MUST be scanned or entered into the system to be shipped its almost fool proof now unless something really did go wrong.

So to use the excause that tracking numbers dont show up is pretty piss poor these days. Its one thing to have poor tracking but its another to not drop off packages and claim they were shipped.

I just had USPS tracking finally show up yesterday for a package that shipped 2 weeks ago and arrived two days after it shipped. USPS tracking sucks.

USPS tracking is a pita sometimes. If you use their package pickup feature, the package wont show up on their system until 3 days later, and then only will the package show as shipped. Same thing if you ship the item right before closing at some POs.

I use USPS' package pickup service almost every time I ship. Tracking always shows up well before 5pm my time -- and I've never had tracking NOT show up.

The only truly bad experience I've had with USPS (other than the one that was my fault, for not packing things properly...) was actually a stamp-sent package. I mailed it 11 Feb... it arrived 10 Mar. I actually blame the weather... if half the country is getting feet of snow and the other half is getting feet of rain, I can't fairly blame that on the USPS itself. Amazingly enough, the eBay seller that I was sending a part back to (Mods plz don't delete my post, I swear I'm on topic!) actually was still willing to honor the RMA and refunded me...

We are going off topic and the OP hasn't posted in over a week, so I would say this one is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back