Heatware feedback question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kschaffner

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently purchased some HDD's from a member here and while the items arrived quickly and all work with no issue, the seller won't respond to PM's from me regarding heatware feedback in return for my eval. What is everyone's thoughts on this? Should I make it neutral until he responds or just chalk it up to I'm not getting an eval in return?

Thanks!

i wouldn't just my .02. Its not a negative trade, just not a very nice guy apparently. you did your part, you should feel good about that , imo of course.

Some people leave heat fast- others take a while. For me since I sell 95% of the time I always wait for the buyer to receive the goods and leave me feedback- I return it the same day as it just takes a minute.

There were cases when I did need to bug them to get them to post feedback and also instances where feedback was never posted. I just feel better when I see the feedback- its closure to the deal for me :)

don't make it a neutral, that isn't right. Just let it go. I've had people not return heat, there's nothing you can do about it. I even met a guy in person like 9 months ago and the last thing he said to me was he'd leave heat. I left it that same day but he never left it for me. Oh well.

The only feedback a seller should leave is "Quick payment", and it should be immediately after the seller receives the funds. It's bullshit for a seller to wait to provide feedback until after the buyer does.

That being said-- If your seller decides to not leave feedback...oh well. Go ahead and leave appropriate feedback for the level of service you received from him. That's the right thing to do.

Do not leave a neutral feedback just because he will not exchange feedback. That really has no bearing on the actual trade.

I would be very pissed if I got a neutral just for not leaving heatware, regardless of the reason. (I always return heatware even if it takes awhile..haha)

Last edited:
I know that it seems silly to ask this, it's just the small things that take no longer than 10 seconds to do and seems like the respectful and courteous thing to do when doing business with someone gets to me. Especially someone who has over 400 heat but hasn't left any for his past 3 transactions. I guess I'll just accept that I won't be getting any in return from him. Thanks everyone for your input!

The only feedback a seller should leave is "Quick payment", and it should be immediately after the seller receives the funds. It's bullshit for a seller to wait to provide feedback until after the buyer does.

That being said-- If your seller decides to not leave feedback...oh well. Go ahead and leave appropriate feedback for the level of service you received from him. That's the right thing to do.

I guess I could leave feedback once I get payment but that is only part of the deal- not the complete full circle. Hence waiting for the buyer to get the package make sure all is well and then exchange feedback.

I'd say 25-30% of my transactions end up with me leaving heatware and never getting any back. Not much you can do about it.

What? I feel dumber for reading your post....

The seller should immediately leave feedback after being paid? Why? The transaction is not complete. There have been many cases where the buyer tried to scam the seller in many ways (switcharoo of items, false chargeback, obvious damage to the item after receiving). A seller should NEVER leave feedback immediately.

^ doz is right. Always wait till both parties acknowledge that the transaction is complete and all parties are happy.

OP, feedback of any kind is neither guaranteed nor should it be expected. For various reasons some people do not like to leave feedback. Leaving feedback is not a requirement for doing business here or at any other site that I have ever used. So be it ...

If you feel like leaving feedback then good for you. If you do, make sure that it is related to the transaction and NOT the fact the other party may not leave feedback for you.

You got what you ordered for the price you were quoted. Leave positive feedback.

As a buyer only, I always leave feedback within a few days of receiving the goods, and almost always the seller returns it.

After a few weeks with no feedback, I'll send a reminder to the seller--you gotta keep in mind that people's lives can be very busy and sometimes they just forget. There have been a couple of cases where it took two months or more for the seller to post feedback, but heh, they eventually did it!

So don't leave a neutral. If the transaction was otherwise OK, just leave positive feedback. That helps the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back