• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Heatsink Suggestion

Joined
Apr 17, 2004
Messages
54
Hi all,

I'm looking for a heatsink for my 3500+ Newcastle core. I've got a msi k8n neo2 plat mobo with corsair pc3200xl pro ram. I'm pretty sure that with the mobo and ram I've got the xp-90 and xp-120's are out of the question. I also need something that's not going to snap my mobo because I take my computer to lan parties about once a month. Any suggestions on how I can get cool? Thanks
 
are you sure about the x120? i have a gigabyte SLI with 4 corsair dimms and with the silverstone fm-121 fan, it kicks ass.

i had the XP120 for awhile with a Sunon 103cfm 120mm, but after i saw those new silverstone's FM121s at 110cfm and 39db's, i ordered it and it arrived like last week. i am mightily impressed with the fan. prob the best combo around.

http://www.mowersclan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1809
 
Why is the XP90 out of the question? Are the DIMMs are too high? You can always turn the HSF around- it'll cool the MOSFETs instead, which isn't a bad thing either. (I don't know how tall the XMS Pro sticks are.)

Thermalright says the XP90 will fit any K8 motherboard, provided that the backplate is adequate and the memory doesn't interfere.
 
Well when I was looking back like half a year ago, I thought TT said that the xp-90 and 120 wouldn't fit due to how the capacitors were on the mobo. Now I guess it says that you can just tilt them and be fine. But one thing also is that since the ram I got is the corsair pro, the dimms are going to be taller due to the led's that are on top of it.

What about the hyper 6+? Any thoughts on that or is going to be too heavy?
 
The XP-90 fits just about everything. I wouldn't even consider getting anything else since it is $24.99 (no fan) or $29.99 (with fan). Thermaltake (TT) doesn't make the HSF, so maybe you got mixed up as to whether or not is compatible or not.
 
So you guys havn't heard anything about the xp's not fitting corsair pro ram or msi k8n neo2? I guess if there's no problem then my choices are a lot more opened. Now I guess I need to look at what's gonna help me overclock pretty well while not being a leaf blower.
 
Back
Top