Heatsink appears to be upside down.

TheCAD

Gawd
Just installed this.

Pretty sure the wiring will stay over the RAM. Is this a problem?

IMAG0220.jpg

I was trying to figure out how you can install a heatsink upside down then I see you must be talking about the wiring. You should be able to tuck the wires down between the two right pegs, and that will get them out of the way.

There is actually a clip on both sides of the heatsink.

I'm guessing its meant for different CPU fan orientations and not dummies who don't pay attention to their wiring, but either way it works.

I was trying to figure out how you can install a heatsink upside down then I see you must be talking about the wiring. You should be able to tuck the wires down between the two right pegs, and that will get them out of the way.

I clicked this thread for the same reason. I wanted to see how that was even possible.

That heatsink is round and symmetrical. The only way you could install it upside down is if you managed to install it with that blue Intel sticker facing the processor's heatspreader.

If you are concerned about the wire laying over the RAM, then get yourself a zip tie or twist tie and and attach that cable to one of the posts on the heatsink. That way it won't be lying on top of the RAM. The only thing you need to worry about with that wire is if it gets caught in the fan blades.

I'm sorry, but why wouldn't you see this before clamping down the HSF? Did you want the Intel logo parallel with the ground? You can always reseat it for better orientation, just remember to clean and reapply some thermal paste.

But it's not a problem. I don't think your memory is going to get hot enough to melt the wires if it comes into contact.

Yes, you didn't have to install your HSF in that orientation:

I surprised people here actually use stock cpu coolers as cheap as aftermarket ones are these days:) but i have to agree it be impossible to install one those really upside down lol

Back