Heat wave!

SazanEyes

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - January 2011
So it's still 90 degrees outside at 11PM. My A/C can't keep up, and the temp went above 80 inside. I shut down the quad 9800GX2 box entirely before it melted. I pulled the middle GTX 295 card out of the three-way box to keep temps and power usage reasonable, since I was seeing spikes of 950W+ and the 1500VA UPS was beeping at me. This weekend promises more of the same, so I'll probably have to back off on GPU folding a little bit.

Hopefully I can still break into the top 20 producers in the next couple days.

I understand man. Its pushing 95 degrees even here in Utah. Can't imagine how our Arizona and Texas folders are doing it.

lol it was a whole 78 degrees today :D yesterday it was 85 and tomorrow it will be 88.. friggin retarded washington weather..

94 here, not looking forward to my bill, first one with AC and running the full rack

Still 90 outside, but the temp is slowly dropping inside. It's supposed to hit 100 tomorrow.

Still 90 outside, but the temp is slowly dropping inside. It's supposed to hit 100 tomorrow.

lol now you know why i dont live in california anymore.. been in the high 90's low 100's since i left.. though its still 11 degrees below avg there.. woot.. go go global warming.. lol sorry had to add that since its california im talking about.. land of the fucking prius..

It is hot everywhere :D

It isn't hot in the Northwest though. I was in SEA all week and it was VERY NICE!!!

It is hot everywhere :D

It isn't hot in the Northwest though. I was in SEA all week and it was VERY NICE!!!

yep.. why do you think i live in washington now and not california :D was an awesome 78 degrees out while i sat and watched the Thunderbirds practicing at fairchild AFB for the air show this weekend..

I'm starting to reconsider my stance on never moving to Canada. :D
97 was the high yesterday, 97 is the forecasted high today, and it's actually 84 outside right now at 1:24am CST. That just ain't right.

Tomorrow
Forecast:
Sunny
Temperature:
88°
High
Chance of Precip:
0%
Wind:
S at 3 mph

thats the forcast tomorrow for Airway heights.. should be a nice day at the air show tomorrow..

I miss Ft Lewis and my time in Washington. Good times, fun state
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Thenagain I'd rather have heat than no power, I've lost power almost every day this week, and 4 times tonight. I'm shutting everything down while I'm gone, too risky with all these storms we are having

Thenagain I'd rather have heat than no power, I've lost power almost every day this week, and 4 times tonight. I'm shutting everything down while I'm gone, too risky with all these storms we are having

yeah screw that.. anytime theres an electrical storm i shut everything down.. but when i was in california those were rare.. here in washington they are much more common.. but ive yet to see one since moving here.. but i missed a big one a couple days before moving up here..

Up here in Victoria, BC (on Vancouver Island), it's supposed to be sunny today and 24C (or as my brother would say, "74 American"). Heat is almost never a problem. Locals complain when it hits 80F. The climate here is totally mild year round. Yes, it does get cloudy and rain in the winter, but the summers are fantastic.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/CABC0313

yeah, tough to deal with heat this time of year. Hitting solid 90s in STL. The A/C has a lot of work to do to keep it at 74-76. Especially since my 9800gx2 rig is fired up right now in order to be sure my fresh from RMA gx2 is OK.

The PPD is nice. The electric bill won't be.

It's been around 100 here in Visalia CA, give or take a couple of degrees. My electric bill is ridiculous but since my kids are home I have to keep the A/C running so no changes here.

Hey sirmonkey1985, I've been lucky so far in not living in a part of the state that suffers from Prius infestation. This is pickup and SUV country and I like it!

It managed to hit the upper 90's today here in Cincinnati. My poor window unit in my computer room just couldn't keep up and I was baking up here. I did some PC gaming earlier in the day and had to stop as the room was just getting oppressively hot. The fans on my 5850's were just screaming as a result.

This was why I decided to locate the folding rig downstairs and hook it to the internet via wireless card. Luckily the central a/c was able to keep up.

It managed to hit the upper 90's today here in Cincinnati. My poor window unit in my computer room just couldn't keep up and I was baking up here. I did some PC gaming earlier in the day and had to stop as the room was just getting oppressively hot. The fans on my 5850's were just screaming as a result.

This was why I decided to locate the folding rig downstairs and hook it to the internet via wireless card. Luckily the central a/c was able to keep up.

time to get a swamp cooler in that room.. lol

Great, it's 99 degrees outside and the power just went out. It flickered a couple times so I thought it might be coming back, but looks like I'd better start powering down.

time to get a swamp cooler in that room.. lol

I hate swamp coolers. When I was a kid I could never stand the one my parents had in their house when I was a kid. Good grief, that was a long time ago.:(

Today was 95F with 34% humidity. I was outside cleaning my Sharps rifle and the humidity was gross. I've been around worse on some of my trips back east but it was pretty bad today for this part of the state.

I hate swamp coolers. When I was a kid I could never stand the one my parents had in their house when I was a kid. Good grief, that was a long time ago.:(

Today was 95F with 34% humidity. I was outside cleaning my Sharps rifle and the humidity was gross. I've been around worse on some of my trips back east but it was pretty bad today for this part of the state.

34% isnt shit.. you want to complain about humidity go take a trip through Louisiana and Mississippi.. you will never complain about humidity ever again after that..

yeah, a swamp cooler would do literally nothing in st louis. 88% humidity today.

34% isnt shit.. you want to complain about humidity go take a trip through Louisiana and Mississippi.. you will never complain about humidity ever again after that..

I'm just another whining Californian. :)

You are right about 34% RH being nothing. I've been back east quite a bit and encountered real humidity. My favorite trip was going to Maryland a few years back for a Civil War reenactment and this was during the fall. I was completely soaked from the humidity and the comfy wool uniform I was wearing.

I'm just another whining Californian. :)

You are right about 34% RH being nothing. I've been back east quite a bit and encountered real humidity. My favorite trip was going to Maryland a few years back for a Civil War reenactment and this was during the fall. I was completely soaked from the humidity and the comfy wool uniform I was wearing.

I would give anything to get humidity so low. Can't believe you think 34% is a lot. However, you have been spoiled by being in California. You are probably in the central valley right?

You are probably in the central valley right?

Yep. The humidity goes up a little once in a while during the summer if a stray thunderstorm over the Sierra Nevada mountains is able break loose and head west.

Back