Hearthstone

I think you can do either or,and wouldn't make a huge difference. Naxx does have a few good cards as a reward and you know what you're getting. The arena rewards are random card pack, and gold usually.

These are the ones you can get while playing through:

Have a comment on whether I should go for Naxxramus or Arena out? I'm leaning towards Arena...
Yes. When reading your reply I was not sure if you had done all of those listed ones already.

If you can get 3 or more wins in the Arena it's worth doing it that way. I believe I read previously that the value in Naxxramus is in buying the pack and saving your gold (as purchasing the pack itself has a much better value than it's gold equivalent). If you're decent in Arena I would definitely go that path.

If you're liking the game now you'll enjoy it 100x more once you get some good legendary cards. Makes a huge difference just in fun factor alone.

I wish they'd have a way to earn gold playing with friends. I never play this game alone anymore, just log in to play a couple matches against friends. So it looks like the cards I've earned thus far are what I'll have forever.

Been away from this game for awhile and started playing again Sunday night. I'm getting dominated by everyone in casuals, there are many cards that kicked my butt that I don't have yet. I don't have a class that I consider my go to yet so I was messing around with a shaman and was up by around 10 hero HP and he pulls out an Enhanc-o Mechano that gave taunt to two of his high HP cards and divine shield to the third. It completely changed the game on me and he kicked my but trying to knock his taunts down while he hammered my Shaman and any cards I tried to put up. I aint even mad but I thought that was a pretty decent card that I must have!

Is there a class that would be better suited for me getting back into this? I don't have any of the cool legendary or gold cards and I don't understand the crafting system yet.

Having a lot of fun again though!

Been away from this game for awhile and started playing again Sunday night. I'm getting dominated by everyone in casuals, there are many cards that kicked my butt that I don't have yet. I don't have a class that I consider my go to yet so I was messing around with a shaman and was up by around 10 hero HP and he pulls out an Enhanc-o Mechano that gave taunt to two of his high HP cards and divine shield to the third. It completely changed the game on me and he kicked my but trying to knock his taunts down while he hammered my Shaman and any cards I tried to put up. I aint even mad but I thought that was a pretty decent card that I must have!

Is there a class that would be better suited for me getting back into this? I don't have any of the cool legendary or gold cards and I don't understand the crafting system yet.

Having a lot of fun again though!

You need to play more games and learn what people are doing and then build some responses. If you have non GvG cards you are at a bit of a disadvantage, however you can balance this out by crafting some of the better GvG common cards and focusing on early removal cards to prevent people with GvG decks from snowballing a win against you.

how come? I figured it would be a good place to play until I get the hang of it and tweak a deck before going into ranked.

ranked play matches you up with players on your same lvl. Casual matches you up with anyone that is playing.

you start off lvl 25 in ranked, and you cant lose rank until you hit 20. You will always play people of the same rank (+/- 1) This far into the month, players iin the 20+ ranks are all in the same boat as you for the most part.

Yea I find that casual always matches me up against people with absolutely stacked decks. It isn't very fun or casual. They should just rename it "pub stomp".

I play in both casual and ranked. I am finding the game VERY streaky right now for some reason (I might feel worse because I am just not very good).

The meta/game feels like it is all up to the mulligan. If you miss turn one you are dead or something like Firey War Axe on warrior you lose.

I play in both casual and ranked. I am finding the game VERY streaky right now for some reason (I might feel worse because I am just not very good).

The meta/game feels like it is all up to the mulligan. If you miss turn one you are dead or something like Firey War Axe on warrior you lose.

Yea there are a couple really stupid strong combos that each class has. Stupid paladins and those 'bring out 3 1/1 guys', then he's sitting on two buff all your '1/1' guys, and a blessing of kings. He gets that off and it's gg from like 20+ HP.

I wish my pally has that combo I wouldn't be struggling to get 2 wins with him today.

I can't wait til Hearthstone is released as a phone app. I don't have a tablet currently.

I can't wait til Hearthstone is released as a phone app. I don't have a tablet currently.

Right? I would love it if they'd release that. Would play it WAAAY more than I do now. Finding good phone games is difficult. But hearthstone is the perfect game for the platform.

I am not too excited, they managed to make a card game play like shit on tablets that can perfectly handle vastly more complex 3D games.

The new adventure expansion for Hearthstone has been announced at Pax, Blackrock Mountain.

Blackrock Mountain Trailer

Some information I got from Reddit below.

It will be similar to Naxx with weekly unlocks, class challenges and heroic bosses.

There will be five wings and 17 bosses.

New board: i.imgur.com/9duBS2Z.jpg

31 new cards.

Coming out in April!

Pricing: https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/gallery/QUO5QWNB52ZM1425590223024.jpg

New card backs: i.imgur.com/ptHOr6Z.jpg

Pre-order available March 19-20th.

Official Blizzard post: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en...tone-adventure-announced-at-pax-east-3-6-2015

Hearthpwn post: www.hearthpwn.com/news/800-paxeast-blackrock-mountain-confirmed

5 New Cards Revealed:

i.imgur.com/Vq1KxeB.png
i.imgur.com/xZ9OCVM.png
i.imgur.com/9uzFG7r.png
i.imgur.com/uASsfDW.png
i.imgur.com/2t5cwjR.png

I run it on my LG G3 phone. There are guides if you search Google, at least for Android-- I don't own an iPhone so I'm not sure for them. It runs really nicely though.

I thought I'd be super excited when it was released for Android, but upon playing several games, I remembered why I quit in the first place: the game is like 95% luck. I've never really played any card games, are they all like this? I did the Nax spider, and the first time she completely obliterated me. I didn't touch her once. I tried one more time, and this time she didn't touch me once. So many people are into it, I wish I could see past it being all luck. I really wanted to like it.

I run it on my LG G3 phone. There are guides if you search Google, at least for Android-- I don't own an iPhone so I'm not sure for them. It runs really nicely though.

I thought I'd be super excited when it was released for Android, but upon playing several games, I remembered why I quit in the first place: the game is like 95% luck. I've never really played any card games, are they all like this? I did the Nax spider, and the first time she completely obliterated me. I didn't touch her once. I tried one more time, and this time she didn't touch me once. So many people are into it, I wish I could see past it being all luck. I really wanted to like it.

As with any card game, your goal is to put youself in the best possible position to maximize your chances of success when drawing from a pool of randomized cards. The skill is in giving youself the best chance and knowing how to respond to the opponent.

You are doing it wrong. Of course there is 'luck' to an extent, just like any card based game, but if your deck is crafted well you will win far more than you lose. id say its more 25% luck.

Thanks for the responses. Maybe ill have to give it another go with a different mindset.

Put this game on my Note 4 and bought the Naxx quarter. Having a blast :D

I am stuck on the Druid challenge for blackrock, why does this druid deck not have swipe

I am stuck on the Druid challenge for blackrock, why does this druid deck not have swipe

I am stuck there too, the deck match ups seems really poor. You can tell what they want you to do with the Druid deck, it just gets crushed before I can combo.

I am not even sure what combo would work well, the boss deck can deal decent damage to creature and I'm having a hard time just keeping what I can get on the board.

i just re-did the druid challenge cause i wasnt sure if i had any problems with it a couple of days ago. beat it a second time without any problems. just fill your board with oozes and spiders until you can kill a bunch of minions in one turn, at which point your big guns come out in troves

yea I got it done when the big guns came out in the correct order, its frustrating when they're not in your hand at the critical time tho.

btw I notice the daily quest now has some spectate a friend one so my handle is: kledar

i just re-did the druid challenge cause i wasnt sure if i had any problems with it a couple of days ago. beat it a second time without any problems. just fill your board with oozes and spiders until you can kill a bunch of minions in one turn, at which point your big guns come out in troves

I beat the Druid challenge yesterday by using NONE of the larger cards. It was just Oozes, Spiders, Druid of the Flame, and Savage Roar. Overall I think the challenge if the worst one in BRM (so far), the only time I could beat it was when I specifically avoided the intended strategy :eek: Anytime a larger creature hit the board in previous games, it was easily removed by Rend. The deck they give you has zero card draw so once you run out of steam you just get crushed.

Last edited:
Messin with people because I haven't played yet this season and I'm in the noob ranks....

14y4x1x.jpg

I had the Legendary guy that had their death rattles trigger twice, and then I did a "destroy this minion and resummon it with full health on Fuegen".

I also lost that match. I was being a dick to the guy and prolonged it about 10 rounds just toying with him. Then he busted out 2 fireballs and an ice lance.

man, some crazy new combos coming up with emperor thaurissan. that card is very imbalanced

man, some crazy new combos coming up with emperor thaurissan. that card is very imbalanced

Hes one of those card that don't need to have taunt and will generally be picked to die before anyone even thinks about going face. Unless facehuntard of course.

Bump for TGT expansion announcement. I gotta say, Hearthstone is the most enjoyable mobile game I have. Games are just the right length normally to do a quick gaming session.

Back