Hearthstone

So, I finally stopped only playing Paladin. Made a Warlock deck that has gotten me up to Rank 11.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...513:2;529:2;542:2;577:2;7737:2;7738:2;7756:2;

Still not sure how high it will go. I have been slowly going up each day.

Ugh, you moved from paladin to aggro lock? You've become my worst enemy.

I enjoy paladin the most. My current paladin deck just hit rank 5. When I see I'm against a warlock I always mulligan for Zombie Chow, Muster, and Shielded Mini Bot. Got to assume its aggro. If it turns out it's handlock, all the better for me.

I just completed Naxx and the class challenges, so I guess time to build some decks and play real people?

I could almost make that deck. I'm always weary of making high cost decks like that because I get stomped by zoo decks so often.

Do you really think Zombie Chow is worth it compared to Leper Gnome? I always feel like the deathrattle outweighs the benefits unless you get one on round 1.

I could almost make that deck. I'm always weary of making high cost decks like that because I get stomped by zoo decks so often.

Do you really think Zombie Chow is worth it compared to Leper Gnome? I always feel like the deathrattle outweighs the benefits unless you get one on round 1.

Yep because it has 3 health. Your goal with this deck is board control. You focus on attacking minions at first and making favorable trades. If he gains a few health it's not a big deal.

So I listened to advice on here, and played ranked last night. Won 3 in a row vs. losing 75% of my non-ranked matches. After my third win, I immediately closed the game and am still savoring victory.

didn't wanna jinx it huh

btw, as relatively new player, was curious how most people do in the arena, I seem to be averaging 2-3 wins with 7 wins being my best

didn't wanna jinx it huh

btw, as relatively new player, was curious how most people do in the arena, I seem to be averaging 2-3 wins with 7 wins being my best

I am GOD awful at arena, and I just don't get it. I have tried using the arena value site and everything.

The android app is so bad.

The iPad app is terrible as well, the game crashes in about 90 minutes on an iPad 2 with zero other apps installed. It ran fine before Naxx, then it ran pretty bad after Naxx launched and started crashing. With GvG is runs even worse and is barely worth trying.

I don't expect miracles on an older tablet, but they been tanking the games performance and acting stupid about getting people to send them crash reports. The iOS game continuously uses more and more memory as you play it, until it eventually crashes.

Is it just me or are the prices in this game rather outrageous?

Naxx for 40 bucks? ugh. But my buddy tells me i gotta buy it because there are so many op cards you get out of it. just rabble, blizzard.

Can it be unlocked with gold?

Last edited:
Is it just me or are the prices in this game rather outrageous?

Naxx for 40 bucks? ugh. But my buddy tells me i gotta buy it because there are so many op cards you get out of it. just rabble, blizzard.

Can it be unlocked with gold?

Isn't it 25 dollars? And yes. You can do it with gold.

Guess 25 isn't as bad as i thought. Still though, feels SOOOO pay to win when every person you play has all these naxx cards which are clearly a cut above the rest.

The iPad app is terrible as well, the game crashes in about 90 minutes on an iPad 2 with zero other apps installed. It ran fine before Naxx, then it ran pretty bad after Naxx launched and started crashing. With GvG is runs even worse and is barely worth trying.

I don't expect miracles on an older tablet, but they been tanking the games performance and acting stupid about getting people to send them crash reports. The iOS game continuously uses more and more memory as you play it, until it eventually crashes.

I have it on my iPad air 1, works well no problems. The Hearthstone on android lags on this new Lenovo Tablet I got with the Intel Atom Quad core Z3745. Literally its either unplayable or lags on every single android tablet I own. But then again I dont own any of the absolute highest end android tablets. Though I'll give them some time to work on optimization, I dont remember the iPad app being this bad on first release. All I see on reviews is people complaining about it.

The Naxx cards aren't really that much better. They just open up new combos that a lot of people are eager to try out. So, odds are that you're probably just seeing more of these new combos.

Harvest Golem is still in a ton of my decks and that is like THE most basic card ever.

Oh yeah and as for Arena. I don't f'ing get it either. I either lose all 3 in a row or maybe get a few wins. I swear I have had decks where I was like OKAY THIS IS IT IM WINNING A MILLION GAMES. Then I lose 3 in a row.

Edit. Started using an arena builder and won 5 my first try.

Last edited:
The Naxx cards aren't really that much better. They just open up new combos that a lot of people are eager to try out. So, odds are that you're probably just seeing more of these new combos.

Harvest Golem is still in a ton of my decks and that is like THE most basic card ever.

Seems like everyone has the spider and the taunt slime thing. Just tired of those cards

the haunted creeper I think is from the first part of Nax and that one is free I believe. so is the nerubian egg, the slime thing is from the 3 or 4th quarter? I forgot,

Do you guys craft cards or are you waiting until you have enough dust to make everything that you don't have so that no dust is wasted?

Oh geez. Don't craft those. You can get those easily in packs eventually. Save your dust for legendaries or epics

I haven't crafted anything yet. Not sure how long to wait. I paid $25 for Naxx as I didn't want to spend the time grinding gold for that.

Although I do still enjoy the game, it feels that with GvG it's becoming more of a rush game than ever before. (Over 90% of the opponents I play against goes to the face) I had several players in a row who didn't hit my minions even once, (and use silence for taunts) even when I got several of them. No, just face, face, face. And If I do manage to win somehow by getting a board clear, I get a friend request caliing me a loser, someone who doesn't know how to play, "you stole my win", who got lucky, etc. I've stopped accepting those.

Secret hunter, Mech Mage, Rush Paladin, Zoo, Mech/Weapon Rogue, etc. Even Druids and Warriors seem all about rushing you down lately.

Only Priest is different but they just steal all of your stuff instead. Last game Priest got two of my Rag and two Hex. They always seem to get something they need. I have Board Control, they get Lightning Storm. I have a taunt, they get Earth Shock, etc.

But I would still rather face Priest than all those rush decks. I loved playing Control, fighting for the board before going for your opponent. Sometimes I feel I need to play a rush deck as well, but I tried and just don't enjoy them. I always tend to go for minions while I should be going for the face.

Last edited:
You're running into a lot of rush decks because it's the start of the season and that is the most efficient way to climb the ladder. I do that as well. If I can play a game with a face Hunter that generally lasts 3-5 minutes and get around 16 games an hour in, why would I play control warrior that has games take 10-15 minutes where I can only get in about 5 games an hour. Regardless of win loss I'm going to move up the ladder faster on Hunter.

It's a result of the system and being early in the season. Generally speaking when you get to rank 5 in the middle of the season Rush decks are extinct. I took Hunter to 3 last season then Control Warrior to legend. It'll probably be similar this season, but I went from 12 to 6 yesterday in about 6-7 hours with Hunter before my net went out.

If you feel like all you see is rush try playing at a different time of day if possible. Things really do change throughout the time of day, but at that time of day they are similar. Yesterday morning I was hitting all mage and hunter, but by afternoon it was all druid and warlock.

^

Thanks for the reply, I understand why people play rush decks and you're right. Why play a slower, time consuming deck when you get more results/gold in the same time with a fast one? I tried it as well, but for some reason I haven't been able to adapt playing a rush deck.

You're right about the time of day. I notice in the evening (especially a bit later) more slower decks. I'll keep practicing and experimenting when playing against rush decks.

It can be frustrating at times though when you only needed one AOE spell in three successive games (Hunter/Zoo) to clear a board but never having it turn up. Then next game you face a Druid (turns out to be a ramp Druid) and you get an AOE card on turn 2 and 3 while already having mulliganed one at the start.

But that's how the game works sometimes. :)

Yeah, it's all about keeping at it. 2 days ago I streamed for about 7 hours starting at rank 12. I think I sat at 12 for 1-2 hours, but then by the end of the stream I was rank 6 and had won ~50 games on the day. Minor changes to your deck can make a HUGE difference too. Sometimes knowing when to change a couple cards can be a big deal.

I have it on my iPad air 1, works well no problems. The Hearthstone on android lags on this new Lenovo Tablet I got with the Intel Atom Quad core Z3745. Literally its either unplayable or lags on every single android tablet I own. But then again I dont own any of the absolute highest end android tablets. Though I'll give them some time to work on optimization, I dont remember the iPad app being this bad on first release. All I see on reviews is people complaining about it.

The android app is laggy but it is still very playable. I am running it on my GS3 and haven't had any instances where I considered it bad. There are some bugs (chat box and trying to modify decks for example), but having it on my phone is awesome. The loading screen will turn you off but once you get in a game it's not too bad.

What android devices are you playing on? I've looked on my buddies phone, but don't see anything which looks official. Just deck builder apps and the like.

What android devices are you playing on? I've looked on my buddies phone, but don't see anything which looks official. Just deck builder apps and the like.

You need a 6" or greater screen for the app. It launched last month. Runs fine on my Nexus 7 tablet. Haven't had it crash once, get an occasional lag but it is fine and perfectly playable.

You need a 6" or greater screen for the app. It launched last month. Runs fine on my Nexus 7 tablet. Haven't had it crash once, get an occasional lag but it is fine and perfectly playable.

Yep, anything smaller than 6" screen and it doesn't even show up as a download on the Play store. I'd like to try it on my Note 3... but no go, even though it's got a 5.7" screen.

I have a Shield tablet and it plays extremely well on it. Sometimes though, it's just not convenient to carry the tablet around and I'd like to play a quick game or work on a new deck that I thought of while out and about.

Back