Headshot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Thompson is on a crusade to return the world to that time—when the only threat of having your face blown open came from your local hit man, not those young punks hanging out on the corner."

Ahh yes, the fellow local hitman down at the corner.. good man, good man. No wonder Jacky is whacky.. he grew up with a bunch of hitmen!

This guy still exists?

and i thought this was going to be another BOOM HEAD SHOT movie :(

Thompson needs no introduction to the gaming community. For years he's been vocally condemning games as the cause of youth violence, global warming, hurricanes, bird flu, and teen pregnancy.

Lmfao.

Thompson said: "Nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you're a hit man or a video gamer."

because its not like people in the military are trained to aim for the head...an mob members never shot their victims in the head to deprive their families of an open casket funeral...or that the head contains the brain, which is crucial to living, and if you want to end life you would probably start there...

well .. small correction to something thats really not all that important, but military personel and cops are trained to aim for the torsoe, being the biggest and widest part of the body is also the easiest to hit

not really that big of a deal but going through M4 training over 8 times, it gets stuck ones head :mad:

I'm waiting for something like this to come out...

biblewarninglabel5qa2bs.jpg

Thompson needs no introduction to the gaming community. For years he's been vocally condemning games as the cause of youth violence, global warming, hurricanes, bird flu, and teen pregnancy.
I am glad I was not the only one to see this. So fucking silly!!!! Merge with the 10GHZ CPU thread now plz!!!

Towards the end of the article, he accuses gamers of this. Maybe as gamers, we should file a civil lawsuit against him for slander.

I'll leave this thread open if it becomes a reasonable discussion of how we, as a community, should deal with people like Jack, and not all the ways in which we want to hurt him, physically or otherwise.

Well, he's free to say what he wants. So the best way to deal with him is to just not pay any attention.

Hundreds of people spawn stupid shit out of their mouths every day in the media. None of which I get worked up over.

PoweredBySoy said:
Well, he's free to say what he wants. So the best way to deal with him is to just not pay any attention.

Hundreds of people spawn stupid shit out of their mouths every day in the media. None of which I get worked up over.
Yes, but the difference is some nutjob on Foxnews being ridiculed for protesting soldiers' funerals won't have any impact on your life. Having violent video games become banned or heavily restricted will (unless you don't play anything violent).

derrick45123 said:
I think Mr.Thompson needs to be hit across the face with a big bag of WTF.
Mr. Thompson is right!!!!!, they do go for the head!!!!! OMG!!!!

junehhan said:
Towards the end of the article, he accuses gamers of this. Maybe as gamers, we should file a civil lawsuit against him for slander.
Hate crime FTW

Trimlock said:
well .. small correction to something thats really not all that important, but military personel and cops are trained to aim for the torsoe, being the biggest and widest part of the body is also the easiest to hit

not really that big of a deal but going through M4 training over 8 times, it gets stuck ones head :mad:
lol, I think they really want you to shoot the shoulders-- it causes them to lose control of their hands, and thus, their weapons. Odds are that shooting an armed criminal in the torso will simply make them mad and cause them to fire back :( 9th time is a charm?

dotK said:
Having violent video games become banned or heavily restricted will (unless you don't play anything violent).

That's giving Mr. Thompson way too much credit.

My point is, people that know better (both gamers and non-gamers) have enough sense to just ignore him. The more press and attention he gets, the more likely he'll just continue on his little crusade.

I'm all for keeping content out of younger kids hands. Ideas like the ESRB rating system are great. But this lawyer is a fanatic with no valid reasoning. And like all fanatics, he should be dragged out back by the scruff of their neck and shot.

...er... I mean. Dealt with in a peaceful and completely legal manner.

lol, I think they really want you to shoot the shoulders-- it causes them to lose control of their hands, and thus, their weapons. Odds are that shooting an armed criminal in the torso will simply make them mad and cause them to fire back 9th time is a charm?

haha yea but in a fire fight (which is what we get into) we don't have time to prop our weapon on a knee, or go into a very aimable possition all the time, nor time to put the iron sights where we need it, shooting for the shoulders is ideal but to say it would only piss them off if you hit them anywhere else is really weird :confused: taking a shot in the lower rib you'd definetly fall down and loose alot of control, especially mobility, shooting for the torsoe would gurantee us a better chance for a hit and an enemy: hit 1; you: hit 0, your odds of surviving go up 100% (also, we never fire unless someones fired or is firing upon us, theres rules of engagement and alot of other technicalities ... but yea we aren't out to make them fire at us, we just wait for it :( )

and i'm going for some M9 training soon, thats a bit different then the M4, close combat ftw!

My point is, people that know better (both gamers and non-gamers) have enough sense to just ignore him. The more press and attention he gets, the more likely he'll just continue on his little crusade.

ignoring him is a horrible idea, theres enough soccer mom's out there vigilant enough against games already to believe in his stupid rants and giving him the support he needs, as a community we need to defend our rights against someone who speaks so loudly against our hobby, its free speech hes going to continue his rants even if we ignore him or not, he doesn't care about the gaming community his targeted audience is the people who have no clue what the gaming community is and target us through them.

His statements has left me speechless.

I seriously am so bewildered by his insane ranting that words completely fail me.

Here's to him dying childless and alone.

:beer

Here's some good information on the guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Thompson_(attorney)

Yeah, he's defintiely got a few (bucketfulls) screws loose.

Trimlock said:
shooting for the shoulders is ideal but to say it would only piss them off if you hit them anywhere else is really weird :confused:
Look man. When you need to take a videogamer down, you must shoot them in the shoulder. They shoot people in the head right? What if (in your perfect world) the videogamer does not fall down immediatly after being shot in the tummy? Uhhh ohhh I hope Mr. Thompson is your lawyer...

You: He shoot me in the head!!!

Mr. T: Judge, these videogamers are so crafty that they undermined the expurt combat procedures of millitary and police understanding

Judge: Pwned you n00bs!!!!11!!1!1 r0fl0l0ply :p

You (in a loud, irrational scream): But I am a cop [millitary?..*forgot!*]-- I took training 9 times!!!

How more blatant does the Post Hoc ero Propter Hoc fallacy need to get? Find me a teen's house that doesn't have an M rated game in it. :rolleyes:

Obi_Kwiet said:
Find me a teen's house that doesn't have an M rated game in it. :rolleyes:

Any fanatical christian one. You know, the type of christians that were worried about Satan today since it's 6/6/06, the type that wont let their kids watch/read Harry Potter since witchcraft is satanic. I grew up with a guy who's Mom was like that, always ruining our fun :(

Trimlock said:

Although mostly true, the act of aiming for the head by soldiers is not unheard when they can help it. There are many military videos of US soldiers in fire fights over in Iraq and Afghanistan where they take headshots.

The BEST "Boom! Headshot!" video I saw was like this. It was of this woman being held from behind by a man with a revolver to her head. The camera is zoomed in enough to see them both clearly from the waist up (so its decently close). He is yelling demands, she is screaming. Suddenly, he loses the left side of his face at the same time that his head snaps to the side. "Boom! Headshot!" The woman doesnt realize he was hit until his body lands on the floor. No hassle for him to recover after a shoulder or center-mass shot; the headshot was instant.

Headshots, if they can be done, are encouraged. Its an instant kill, and prevents alot of danger to the soldier. Yes, center-mass shots are more popular as well as the general way to kill someone, but headshots by the military are not entirely unheard of by any means.

Anyways... I this Thompson is a nutjob in many ways. He is a lawyer, but lawyers should have their limits. Someone said something before me about him being charged for slander, but it would be a hard case to pull off. He does have his freedom of speech, and unfortunately, a very loud and carrying mouth.

Does anyone with law-experience know what can be done against him or ways to refute his practices?

Rofl-Mic-Lofl said:
Any fanatical christian one. You know, the type of christians that were worried about Satan today since it's 6/6/06, the type that wont let their kids watch/read Harry Potter since witchcraft is satanic. I grew up with a guy who's Mom was like that, always ruining our fun :(

You mean the ones who are unlikely to have a gaming system to begin with?

Khaydarin said:
Although mostly true, the act of aiming for the head by soldiers is not unheard when they can help it. There are many military videos of US soldiers in fire fights over in Iraq and Afghanistan where they take headshots.

Maybe it's because when they peek from behind cover it's usually the head that's exposed :p

Anyway, i thought the primary target was the heart, not the head. :confused:

The guy clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.

ol2gkzl3tl7fa.gif

See! He was clearly aiming for the chest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back