Headset advice - comfortable!

crawlgsx

[H]ard|Gawd
I am in need of new headphones. Looking for input/ideas . My 2 primary goals are qualtyish microphone, and that they be comfortable/not hurt my ears.

The problem I keep running in to is the foam is not very "thick" on a lot of headsets, so the headphone speaker actually pushing on part of my ear, it hurts like hell. I need headphones with relly poofy cushions lol.

I just bought the Corsair HS1 USB which is 50% off on Amazon. I have a pretty big head, and it's been the most comfortable, best sounding headset I've EVER owned. I'm only on the second (sometimes third) notch on extending the sides with my head, so plenty more to go. Also, for what you're looking for, the headband is made of memory foam, so its very comfortable and forms to your head, and then reforms after you take them off. They also lay flat on your desk when not in use, which is awesome. They do stereo, 5.1, and 7.1, and the microphone is great quality (I'm on Mumble primarily, and have had no complaints from anyone about the quality)... give them a try, you won't be sorry.

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CA-HS...RNLC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320171737&sr=8-1

Edit: Forget to talk about the ear cups, which was your question... The foam that comes with these is very comfortable, and doesn't squeeze on your head. They also come with a set of vinyl pads if you want to shut the world out when you're gaming. Good luck, man, let us know what you choose.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
How "poofy" are the ear cushions? The big thing for me is not wanting the speaker pressing on my ears :).

You can mod a lot of popular headphones to squeeze in more padding if you're that particular about it. If the Corsairs have replaceable pads I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to do...

Back