Heads up on Paypal Policy update effective Nov. 18th 2014

Please direct all payment now to my bank account. For a modest 100% fee of total item cost, I will moderate all transactions :)

Please direct all payment now to my bank account. For a modest 100% fee of total item cost, I will moderate all transactions

Do you guys in the states have interac e-transfer? Sending money with that is really easy and quick. I don't know what the buyers recourse would be in a dispute though.

I have used this with "trusted" sellers - but there is zero protection on this. If you send money, and never get a product, I think you can complain, but I not sure what the legal recourse is on this. I looked over the BMO site and could find really nothing in regards to buyer or seller (or sender/receiver) protection...

What about COD? I have completed a transaction this way when a seller did not want to use paypal. Seemed to work out well.

JUST WOOOOOOWWW!!

"If a buyer files a Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) Claim for an item they purchased from you, you will generally be required to accept the item back and refund the buyer the full purchase price plus original shipping costs. You will not receive a refund of your PayPal fees. Further, if you lose a SNAD Claim because we, in our sole discretion, reasonably believe the item you sold is counterfeit, you will be required to provide a full refund to the buyer and you will not receive the item back (it will be destroyed). PayPal Seller protection will not cover your liability."

JUST WOOOOOOWWW!!

"If a buyer files a Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) Claim for an item they purchased from you, you will generally be required to accept the item back and refund the buyer the full purchase price plus original shipping costs. You will not receive a refund of your PayPal fees. Further, if you lose a SNAD Claim because we, in our sole discretion, reasonably believe the item you sold is counterfeit, you will be required to provide a full refund to the buyer and you will not receive the item back (it will be destroyed). PayPal Seller protection will not cover your liability."

Where is this?

Absolute BS. Who's going to protect sellers?

so does that apply to payments to MMO companies? I find a lot of MMOs after patches SNAD :D

As another post described personal ToS, I guess PayPal takes precedence?

I would imagine stating in the PayPal invoice a ToS would include some type of protection for the seller.

Judge Judy here we come!

Cragislist is looking more and more viable every day, which is sad.

I've been almost exclusively buying and selling on Craigslist for the last couple years. No shipping costs and it's not very hard to talk most people down considerably from their asking price. Tires, Rims, Cars, Motorcycles, Furniture, Appliances, Utility Trailers etc. I've bought and sold them all.

HOWEVER, I don't bother with buying or selling PC parts usually as most people in my area listing those can't grasp the concept of depreciation. They ask close to the original retail for video cards that are a generation or more behind the times for example and I've not found many willing to be flexible on the price. Whereas regular people selling everyday household items are willing to deal, sweaty nerds with a 6970 or two are not...I don't get it.

Deals can be found though for sure. When I was contemplating a new build a few years ago I bought a gaming PC with the same parts I had in my Newegg cart. I paid $500 for the tower that if I had ordered from Newegg it would have been $1400, I still have it it's my daughters PC now.

I've been almost exclusively buying and selling on Craigslist for the last couple years. No shipping costs and it's not very hard to talk most people down considerably from their asking price. Tires, Rims, Cars, Motorcycles, Furniture, Appliances, Utility Trailers etc. I've bought and sold them all.

HOWEVER, I don't bother with buying or selling PC parts usually as most people in my area listing those can't grasp the concept of depreciation. They ask close to the original retail for video cards that are a generation or more behind the times for example and I've not found many willing to be flexible on the price. Whereas regular people selling everyday household items are willing to deal, sweaty nerds with a 6970 or two are not...I don't get it.

Deals can be found though for sure. When I was contemplating a new build a few years ago I bought a gaming PC with the same parts I had in my Newegg cart. I paid $500 for the tower that if I had ordered from Newegg it would have been $1400, I still have it it's my daughters PC now.
The difference is, YOU are used to buying on forums where people want to upgrade so they'll take a hit knowing they will have to if they want a sale. On craigslist, most people are comparing to places like best buy so seasoned sellers on craigslist won't budge because they'll get their price sooner or later. Plus, they likely paid some inflated price purchasing on best buy so their price is already "a deal" in their mind. Just remember it's a different audience completely.

Back