heads up: Command and Conquer 3 demo available!

magnetik

Staff member
for download ... my auto download just started on fileplanet. It's 1.17 gb. I don't know if it's available on other servers yet. just fyi!

Hm... it still wants me to reserve a download or something...

do you have a fileplanet account? I set mine to autodownload last week and it just kicked off about 20 min. ago.

I just finished downloading it... now it says it's waiting for a key. will chime back when I get it. ;(

OK so it's past 2 pm, isn't it the time where it becomes widely available?

share some links!!!!!

Looks like you have to be a paying subscriber to get the demo preloaded. I've got a free account and I couldn't grab it.

I'm looking forward to this game. It'll be interesting to see how it stacks up against Supreme Commander. :cool:

lol yeah i tried sneaking around with my free account but couldn't lol... oh well gotta wait few more.

It's up on GamersHell now.

Edit: Seems like they took it off... in any case, it will be up shortly, and it's already on a few others sites (Fileshack, etc.)

Someone please post a torrent if you find one, I'll start downloading when I get home, anxious to play this one :).

anyone know where I can dl the demo? everything is locked.

I'm looking forward to this game. It'll be interesting to see how it stacks up against Supreme Commander. :cool:

I don't think I can ever play an rts anymore that doesn't have the queueing capabilities of sup com. Everything else is cool and all, but could be done differently or better in another game, but the queueing is spectacular.

Torrent. I don't know how good the speed is (BitTorrent is blocked on my campus), but y'all can check it out.

I don't think I can ever play an rts anymore that doesn't have the queueing capabilities of sup com. Everything else is cool and all, but could be done differently or better in another game, but the queueing is spectacular.

what exacly are you talking about?

what exacly are you talking about?

in supreme commander you can hold down shift and then tell your unit what you want them to do

i.e if you wanted to build 3 point defenses and then three anti airs you could hold down shift and then have them do them all without having to wait till they get done

in supreme commander you can hold down shift and then tell your unit what you want them to do

i.e if you wanted to build 3 point defenses and then three anti airs you could hold down shift and then have them do them all without having to wait till they get done

Thats not exactly new, you could do that in starcraft. And all the C&Cs, except maybe the very first one.

I did like how when you held down shift, it displayed all your units' standing orders. I wasn't sure if there was some way to un-queue something though.

Thats not exactly new, you could do that in starcraft. And all the C&Cs, except maybe the very first one.

I did like how when you held down shift, it displayed all your units' standing orders. I wasn't sure if there was some way to un-queue something though.

Er, sorta, but not really.

This isn't necessarily directed at you, but whoever asked about what I was talking about. In sup com you can queue everything- if you want to build 6 buildings of the same type, drag and click- if you want 6 power generators, 3 mass fabricators, then 6 more power generators, you can do them in that particular order, plus it will tell you the eta to completion which is really nice. Also, you can have builders assist each other (or buildings) where they'll automatically help out on whatever task (rather than needing direction each time). Its awesome for queueing repairs too.

Also though, the unit building queueing is really sweet- you get a building's new options immediately after you start construction of it, or after you queue up its tech upgrade, you'll have those options available as well. Whenever its done constructing/upgrading it'll begin construction of what you asked for.

Its kinda tough to describe, you have to use it a lot to really get a feel for how nice it is. Other games have done it, but nowhere near as well as sup com does. Its necessary to make a game of such a large scale manageable (and sometimes also because Chris Taylor still hasn't figured out pathing in 10 years), but still should be an example to the rest of the genre.

What a gread demo. Nice tutorial. Can run everything on high at 1600x1050... and skirmish is a blast... needless to say I am totally buyin this game......

It was really fun and a nice way to test out my new 8800 i am going to buy this game without a doubt.

EA actually made a good game... is the apocalypse upon us?!

I had fun but the random enemy reinforcements is annoying and the respawning gun towers. It'd be nice to be able to zoom out further too, but I'm used to Supp Comm. :)

Its also nice that they got Michael Ironside as the GDI commander. I also think I saw... BILLY DEE WILLIAMS! Is he an actor in this game?

seems like lots of people are having fun with the demo, good too hear:)

Wow just after finishing the demo I got my PC Gamer in, they gave the game a 90%.

just got home from work and i am downloading it at 1.03MB/sec from fileshack should be playing in about 20 mins :)

i can't wait to play it i have loved the whole C&C series.

I just bought SupComm, I am loving it too. Funny how I buy one two days ago and suddenly, now the demo wants to appear. Demo for C&C is downloading to try it out.

Any chance you think I will be able to run this on a Intel GMA 900 Integrated Graphics? In all seriousness? Just want to play it, until I go home for spring break and play it on my main rig.

The rest of the laptop has 1 gig of ram and a Pentium M at 1.73 GHz.

I just installed it. There are several celebrities in the videos such as Michael Ironside and Sawyer, from "Lost", among others. This game is gonna be a blast!

Back