HEADS UP - Change Your RS Social Password - Accounts Compromised

song414

Limp Gawd
Guys,

Just an FYI that many people have been reported to have their accounts compromised and their emails + passwords changed by someone. Seems this is on RS's end.

http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/secur...cial-club-accounts-may-have-been-compromised/

I can vouch for this as I am a victim of this breach. Last night I got an email stating my account email was changed and I could no longer log in with my password. Called RS support this morning and apparently the CSR I spoked to said she's dealt with a few calls in the couple of hours they were opened.

After this happened I reformatted as I wasn't sure if it was on my end and malwarebytes + antivirus werent detecting anything.

Not sure how widespread this is but you might wanna change your PW as a precaution.

I am locked out of playing GTA V until this gets resolved.

Where did you buy GTA V key from? Third party key seller? Nuuvem? Did you use a VPN?

Thanks for the heads up. It looks like my account has not yet been compromised, but I am going to go ahead and change my password anyway. I purchased my copy on Steam, FYI.

You have been signed out because someone else has signed into your account.

WTF is this shit? I changed my PW after reading this thread earlier. I was playing single player when I got that message. Does that happen if their servers hiccup or should I be concerned?

I have a message from Rockstar on the social club site saying I should probably change my password even though they have no reason to believe I've been compromised.

I have a message from Rockstar on the social club site saying I should probably change my password even though they have no reason to believe I've been compromised.

I've got the same message, but dated 12 months ago.

You have been signed out because someone else has signed into your account.

WTF is this shit? I changed my PW after reading this thread earlier. I was playing single player when I got that message. Does that happen if their servers hiccup or should I be concerned?

So what happened?

I keep getting the message that someone has signed into my account elsewhere and I get kicked out of the game. So basically I haven't been able to play.

Have you contacted them? That sucks, man.

And this is why drm is crap and they wonder why people pirate.

It's not really DRM; it's part of multiplayer functionality, and people pirate because they're cheap or poor. Still sucks to get your account stolen. I guess you could always use the cracked version until then, but your saves will be fucked.

I made a ticket. I don't know if there is something else that I can do. If I were a hacker I would change the password for the account also. So I'm hoping that some system is crossing wires and kicking me.

And you wouldn't be able to play online anyway.
I changed mine, just to be safe. So annoying that this keeps happening right after I sign up for services. A few weeks ago it was Twitch, now this. I hate making new passwords....

Try and send a password reset.
If they didn't change your email address, you may still be able to get it and change the password and get back in.

Well I uninstalled it. I own too many games to be bothered with this one.

STILL stuck without any support or response from RS. It's been 2 days now. Sucks cause I cannot play this game until they give me my account back.... such bs.

Oh and if you call their support 1 866 922 8694 and report this issue they read from a script and immediately hang up. Never heard of such BS support. Makes me furious.

Apparently another 2k+ accounts was posted online in addition to the 200 currently. This issue is growing and RS clearly hasn't fixed a loophole in their system.

Oh and if you call their support 1 866 922 8694 and report this issue they read from a script and immediately hang up. Never heard of such BS support. Makes me furious.

Apparently another 2k+ accounts was posted online in addition to the 200 currently. This issue is growing and RS clearly hasn't fixed a loophole in their system.

Posts like this are keeping me from even thinking of buying the game at the moment. :(

I hope it gets resolved for everyone affected.

What else am I to do? Fire it up repeatedly and kick the other guy off so he can log back in and kick me off? Or if it's just a server issue I still get kicked every mission from single player. Not worth my time.

That can actually be a game in itself. :p

Back