HeadPhones.

Ste

Gawd
Joined
Nov 27, 2006
Messages
574
My Old headphones are starting to go.
So I have 60$-75$ On a new Pair. Would "like" to order from newegg, zipzoomfly or Bestbuy.
Music only, I do game but Id would rather have Good Music heaphones than good Gamming ones.

Thanks.
 
More information please. What type of music do you listen to?
 
Classical (Mozart, bach, etc etc)
Techno
House
Electronic
Dance
trance
Industrial
No Rap, pop, or any genre that has alot of voice in it..

Also, if theres a pair thats Like 10 Times better than one In my current price range thats only 20 or 25 More dollars I would be willing to buy it.
 
open or closed?

Closed phones offer isolation from outside noise and do not leak sound.
Open phones generally sound better @ the same price level but leak sound and you can hear stuff going on around you.... assuming you keep the volume reasonable of course.
 
open or closed?

Closed phones offer isolation from outside noise and do not leak sound.
Open phones generally sound better @ the same price level but leak sound and you can hear stuff going on around you.... assuming you keep the volume reasonable of course.
Open i Guess, as long as it sounds better.

Sennheiser HD485

I was looking at those, any other suggestions? Im in no hurry to buy.
 
I'll second Sennheiser. I haven't actually heard the 485s, but the HD 555s sound GREAT, I <3 them. I spent a whole 7 hour trip listening to them and fell in love (my friend let me borrow them). Personally, I can't spend that much money on a pair of headphones though :(
 
Bump up your budget a bit to get a much better deal, the Senn HD580 or Beyer DT770pro.

There is also the Senn PX100 V2 for about 40$, which is nice for it's size. Not only will be work as your main headphone, can also be used for portable.
 
Bump up your budget a bit to get a much better deal, the Senn HD580 or Beyer DT770pro.

There is also the Senn PX100 V2 for about 40$, which is nice for it's size. Not only will be work as your main headphone, can also be used for portable.
How much of a jump are we talking? 20 Bucks?

If its anymore Ill just go with the Senn 485's...
 
grados hurt, but sound better than senns do...its a real tradeoff. (with default grado pads anyway)
 
If he's going to be gaming at all... Grado's shouldn't even be mentioned. They are great for music, but are really not good at all for gaming.
 
If he's going to be gaming at all... Grado's shouldn't even be mentioned. They are great for music, but are really not good at all for gaming.

Music only, I do game but Id would rather have Good Music heaphones than good Gamming ones.

Thanks.


Reading comprehension...a skill worth looking into.

The Grado 60s are probably the best "low end" audiophile headphone out there. They sound like you are sitting with the band.
 
Which is exactly why they kind of suck for games.

You must have missed the part where it was RESTATED that he cared more about MUSIC.

Why does EVERYTHING revolve around games with certain people?
 
You must have missed the part where it was RESTATED that he cared more about MUSIC.

I didn't miss it the first time.
WTF makes you think I missed it the second time?
 
You are preaching to Mister X?

So many stiffs these days.

I can't help that so many of you insist on talking about gaming this and gaming that when the op clearly stated he cared more about music. That being the case, why keep talking about gaming?

..and your above comment is laughable. It sounds like the country boy club where 'you aren't one of us'. :rolleyes:
 
Reading comprehension...a skill worth looking into.

Maybe you should look into it too. I read his statement perfectly clear. :rolleyes:

If I could have something that is both good for music and gaming, or something that is good for music,and sounds like complete ass for gaming... I'd pick the first one. Regardless of music being better or not.. if he wants to game AT ALL Grado's should not be a consideration. Grado's are phenomenal headphones, but I would never want them as my only pair. They have a very specific application to music, mianly rock music. They don't excel in many other areas. That, and they aren't very comfortable. Where as a pair of AT's, They are good for just about anything. Music or gaming, they will sound great, and they will be much more comfortable for long sessions.
 
Maybe you should look into it too. I read his statement perfectly clear. :rolleyes:

If I could have something that is both good for music and gaming, or something that is good for music,and sounds like complete ass for gaming... I'd pick the first one. Regardless of music being better or not.. if he wants to game AT ALL Grado's should not be a consideration. Grado's are phenomenal headphones, but I would never want them as my only pair. They have a very specific application to music, mianly rock music. They don't excel in many other areas. That, and they aren't very comfortable. Where as a pair of AT's, They are good for just about anything. Music or gaming, they will sound great, and they will be much more comfortable for long sessions.

Music only, I do game but Id would rather have Good Music heaphones than good Gamming ones.
Thanks.

So I have 60$-75$ On a new Pair.
Thanks.

ATH-AD700s.

They should run you about $115 shipped. :)

I'm not the best math student, but $115 does not equal $60-$75

I met the guidelines of the request, end of story. :rolleyes: Cry about it elsewhere.
 
You must have missed the part where it was RESTATED that he cared more about MUSIC.

Why does EVERYTHING revolve around games with certain people?

Well he mentions that he games. There are PLENTY of cans out there that are good for BOTH music and games. Like the other posted mentioned, grados are not good for gaming. Even if he only games a little, still makes sense to get versatile cans. Hell he might like something like beyers/AT/Sennheiser more for music than he would grado, I know I do but my music style is electronica.
 
Well he mentions that he games. There are PLENTY of cans out there that are good for BOTH music and games. Like the other posted mentioned, grados are not good for gaming. Even if he only games a little, still makes sense to get versatile cans. Hell he might like something like beyers/AT/Sennheiser more for music than he would grado, I know I do but my music style is electronica.

So you would rather he get really low end senns for his 60-75$ than what will be arguably better grados? Had he stated he had $120-150$ the responses would have been opened up for beyers/AT/Sennheiser, but he did not. Again, don't overdo what the person is asking for. $120 ATs puts him at double the range hes looking to spend. I'm sorry, but I must qualify what kind of things I offer people by what they state they need, and what kind of cash they have on hand to get it. Its only reasonable.
 
So you would rather he get really low end senns for his 60-75$ than what will be arguably better grados?
Personally I think grado's suck. I prefered my beyer DT770pro 250ohm over the RS-2 which cost about three times as much.
That's the beauity of headphones though, there are more than one company to chose from. I'd avoid grado's unless you have previously heard them and know you like them.
 
I'm not the best math student, but $115 does not equal $60-$75

I met the guidelines of the request, end of story. :rolleyes: Cry about it elsewhere.



Apparently your not the best English student either... reading doesn't seem to be a good skill of yours.

The headphones I recommended, ATH-A500's, are $85. That goes over his budget by $10... something I don't think anyone would get to bent over.

You met the guidelines of the request, but that doesn't make it a good suggestion. You have like four people telling you your wrong... maybe its time to listen.
 
or just continue making friends! :)

Seriously, don't upset MisterX he knows more about audio than you do about porn.
 
sony mdr v-6, its the only thing that comes to mind thats solid in that price range open or closed. If he can spare $12 or so he can get the beyer velour pads later on.
 
Apparently your not the best English student either... reading doesn't seem to be a good skill of yours.

you're not*

The headphones I recommended, ATH-A500's, are $85. That goes over his budget by $10... something I don't think anyone would get to bent over.

Mister X recommended the 700's to which I was replying, hence, why I quoted him.

You met the guidelines of the request, but that doesn't make it a good suggestion. You have like four people telling you your wrong... maybe its time to listen.

you're wrong*

You should really look into the difference between you're and your if you want to talk about English.

I have four people with opinions differing from mine, and all of them want to exceed the stated price range. What is so hard to understand about that? I worked in retail for a long time, when a customer comes in and says "I have this X amount of money, and no more" you don't make suggestions based on what you personally would do with MORE money. You give them the best choice in their range.
 
you're not*



Mister X recommended the 700's to which I was replying, hence, why I quoted him.



you're wrong*

You should really look into the difference between you're and your if you want to talk about English.

I have four people with opinions differing from mine, and all of them want to exceed the stated price range. What is so hard to understand about that? I worked in retail for a long time, when a customer comes in and says "I have this X amount of money, and no more" you don't make suggestions based on what you personally would do with MORE money. You give them the best choice in their range.

Grammar != reading comprehension... but thats a stupid arguement and not one I wish to continue.

As far as the best choice in their range, even if all the other suggestions were forgotten, Grado's would not be the best choice. And, going to your retail example, I don't know about you, but I'd have no problem telling said customer "I know you don't have enough, but it would be a wiser decision to hold off and pay more for something that would better suit your needs." If they say no, fine, but there is nothing wrong with providing that option. I only went, what, $10 over his budget? He may decide it's worth it. Even if not, I would sooner try and find something else that does fall into his current price range than reccomend Grado's. They are just to specific of a can... they don't make good general use cans at all, and really are not something someone would want as their only headphone.
 
http://northernsound.net/Sales/Wirelessinear/wirelessframe.html.

Ask for prices they go way below the listed prices. I asked about the proline 750 listed for 399 and got an offer for way less.

These are supposed to be great all rounders and more forgiving to bad recordings then the 2500 and 750 proline series...

While being cheaper of course :). Shouldn&#180;t require an amp.

remember these are open cans so if your computer makes a lot of noise... Especially sennheiser I have read leak like crazy both in and out.

Otherwise for your music genres I got recommended the sennheiser 580 myself. 120$ on Amazon but from what I heard these do really require an amp and then it gets more expensive of course if you don&#180;t have one. Ultrasone also benefit but like DT 770 should perform quite good without.

I have the A900 and they are good all rounders but for classical I think there is better options.

Kind of like the 15-20 year old AKG 240s my parents have for that :)
 
Back
Top