Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
dBTelos said:The Grado SR-80s are good. You might be able to find them for $50 used. They retail for $80.
which music genres do you listen to the most? Given that you also want to game:XSNiper said:Ok So I just got $200 for free. And more money on the way as I do outstanding in school..So my pricerange just jumped a little. Reviving this thread with a new light, What would be the best set a headphones for a gamer and music addict under $200? (Overthehead)
Battle_Rattle said:I heard from a number of people that Grados would not fit the bill for gaming...
No, soundstage relates to gamingdBTelos said:I know they are good for Rock music. I think this would relate to gaming well.
aZn_plyR said:No, soundstage relates to gamingAnd the Grado, sadly has very little.
No! Stay far away from thosedBTelos said:Would those fancy 5.1 headphones be what you need for gaming?
Ahriman4891 said:which music genres do you listen to the most? Given that you also want to game:
rock/metal/pop -- Audio-technica A900 (not AD900) - $190 from audiocubes. Do not need an amp.
classical - Sennheiser HD580 + amp (btw, what's your soundcard? if it's an X-fi with a front panel, you can probably forego the amp and get HD600 if you can find them for around $200).
all-around - either A900 or Sennheiser HD595. 595 does fine unamped as well.
That's the "common" recommendations that people will give you. keep in mind that if you have something like chaintech av-710, even A900 will need an amp. The amplified headphone out is usually marked on the back of the card, if it exists.
The HD555's are pointed out to have a better sound and if the the HD280's are pricy, then HD555 price must be a miracle because you can get HD555's for just a little over 100 dollars, or used for like 50-60 possibly. Add a Zalman Mic1 for 10 dollars from Xoxide.com and you'll have one hell of a headset there. That's the combo I run and I love it. The HD280's are closed/sealed headphones so they block out outside noise including hearing your own voice. It is a pain to try and talk on a mic with sealed headphones one. It just sucks. Open headphones like the HD555's feel more natural and they don't really leak that much sound. I'd prefer the HD555's to ANY closed headphones any day of the week.XSNiper said:I was looking around CNET for some reviews on some phones and I came across these..
http://reviews.cnet.com/Sennheiser_HD_280_Pro/4505-6468_7-30235462.html?tag=txt the reason I'm interested in these is not only the review rating but the size. They look smaller than the other headphones I've been seing here and the price is good too. Anybody know if these will fit the gaming bill too?