Headphones windows 10

Superfly3176

Supreme [H]ardness
I bought a set of headphones for a computer that's now showing its age.

They aren't playing sound but based on tests the mic seems to work. When I open the sound tool I see speakers and realtek digital output are enabled but headphones aren't an option even if I select show disabled/show disconnected devices.

The fix seems to be uninstall/reinstall realtek drivers but this hasn't worked either. Any ideas?

Did headphones or speakers previously work on that jack? Where did sound come from previously?
Is it a laptop, or if home built, is the jack even connected?

Home built. The speakers which are simply two Logitech work in the audio jack.

PC is home built from years ago but I've used headsets previously on it with no issues. But that was pre windows 10

Home built. The speakers which are simply two Logitech work in the audio jack.

PC is home built from years ago but I've used headsets previously on it with no issues. But that was pre windows 10
do the headsets work in the same jack the speakers currently work in? you just cant figure out how to use the other jack right?

Headsets don't pay sound in current jack. Nor does "headset" show up in sound manager

From the sound of things you're using regular headphones with a normal 3.5mm jack. If that's the case then you don't want digital output for sound because that's not going to work. You need to set it to analog sound to get anything out of the headphones. Also, the drivers aren't going to know they are headphones or any other type of speaker because there is no way to detect what kind of speaker is hooked up via 3.5mm jack.

If the headphones have an integrated mic, is it using a single plug or two plugs, one for the headphones and another for the mic? If it's a single plug for both it's likely the jack your plugging it into doesn't support that type of 3.5mm jack.

Back