Headphone Recommendations?

Xee

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 18, 2004
Messages
2,020
I'm looking to get my brother a decent pair of headphones for his Iriver H-120 mp3 player as an X-mas gift. I don't want to go cheap but then again, don't want to go nuts either. I guess I'd be willing to spend up to $150-$200 tops. Here are the requirements:

1. No monitoring headphones! - These are more for profesional use and won't function well off the power mp3 players provide.

2. Noise-cancellation - You know, the stuff they have in headphones for people who travel in planes a lot. He spends a lot of time in the computer labs at his school and says they're noisy as hell. Obviously, this means they can't be earbuds.

3. Compact - Something with a folding design that he can tuck away in his backpack.

4. Case - Obviously, a case for them.

Well, thanks in advance. Also, f anyone can point me in the direction of a forum that caters to these types of question, I'd greatly appreciate this.
 
Xee said:
Umm . . . this has nothing to do with a computer.

None the less, that really is the most applicable section.

I would recommend the Sony MDR-V6 or the MDR-7506 (they are the exact same except the 7506 has gold plated plugs). The V6 can usually be found for around $60 and the 7506 can usually be found for under $100.

They don’t have “noise cancellation” but they are closed headphones and do a great job of containing the sound.
 
Thanks for the recommendation.

As for the post, I just figured it'd be off-topic there. Think you can move it?
 
Moved to Comp. Audio


Also I'd suggest Sony EX-71's (you can get them for about 45) they are in-ear type, sound pretty good too.

My Fiancee jacked mine for her iriver...
 
Back
Top