• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Headphone recommendations

Nephrinn

n00b
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
35
I've done a little research and am edging towards the Beyerdynamic DT150s as I've heard a lot of good things about them. My budget is no more than around $250 or $300 and they must be closed ear headphones as I work/live in a noisy environment.
 
My preference is with Beyerdynamics but rather DT770. But if you are in a noisy room maybe it is worth considering a noise-canceling model? It seems gimmicky and insulting to audiophile's ear but if you try them you might like the effect. I tried Aurvanas and Bose once and was shocked how good they sounded. Bad thing about some of these is that they dont work without batteries at all whereas other models do - just without NC.
Have a look: http://reviews.cnet.com/best-noise-cancelling-headphones/
 
I really enjoy my audio-technica ath-a700. I've heard that the a900 version is quite nice, and I believe those come in at $250 and under.
 
Since you can drop so much, look into shure se530's or shure se420's.
~30dB noise isolation.
 
Last edited:
After doing a bunch of research I just bought a pair of Denon D2000 headphones. They are closed around the ear and good at blocking sound. They vary from 260-300 on Amazon, but I got a new unopened set on ebay for 240. They are beautiful, seem very high quality and sound great.

The Beyer 770 headphones are also highly rated I just didn't like the look so much.

Here are a couple of links that might help you.

http://www.headphone.com/guide/by-manufacturer/beyerdynamic/

http://www.headphonereviews.org/manufacturer.php
 
Denons are very nice. Note that both the Denons and Beyers mentioned are "amp very strongly suggested" headphones.

Closed headphones isolate, often fairly well. IEMs isolate extremely well (if they are fitted properly) since they are functionally earplugs which play music.
 
Anyone have an idea of how his headphones would compare with a similarly priced headphone from Grado? Say the 325is? I found the Grados to be very "upfront" and direct. Are these Beyer ones more laid back and distant? Warm?
 
After doing a bunch of research I just bought a pair of Denon D2000 headphones. They are closed around the ear and good at blocking sound.

I have the Denon D1001k. They aren't the best for sound isolation, but I love the sound quality. At the time they were all i could afford. I will be looking at the D2000 soon enough.
 
Back
Top