Headphone out via speakers

hiredgun2112

Limp Gawd
If my headphones are connected through my speakers, will they sound the same as if they were connected directly through the line out from the sound card? Sorry for the n00b question

I'm going to venture the guess of NO. Quality will be less than that if you go directly to the soundcard.

But why don't you try it out and see if it sounds the same? Experimenting doesn't hurt :)

They won't sound as good but I would say the average person wouldn't notice a difference, and it won't reduce it too much(dependent on the quality of the speaker system cables).

No they won't sound as good, back in the day I talked to a logitech support person cause I was curious about this. It is just a preamp out and it will introduce noise into the signal. I am guessing most other computer speakers are similar.

If you need a handy volume control and amp I recommend the Pocket Amp V2 from www.electric-avenues.com. They provide enough amplification to power even high end high-ohm headphones, allowing you headphones to sound as good as they can. It is fairly cheap too $60 shipped anywhere in the world. You would just plug that into the soundcard and plug the headphones into it. It introduces no noise at all when you use the right battery.

Svperstar said:
No they won't sound as good, back in the day I talked to a logitech support person cause I was curious about this. It is just a preamp out and it will introduce noise into the signal. I am guessing most other computer speakers are similar.

If you need a handy volume control and amp I recommend the Pocket Amp V2 from www.electric-avenues.com. They provide enough amplification to power even high end high-ohm headphones, allowing you headphones to sound as good as they can. It is fairly cheap too $60 shipped anywhere in the world. You would just plug that into the soundcard and plug the headphones into it. It introduces no noise at all when you use the right battery.

If i connect my headphones to the amp and amp to soundcard, would the speakers not be connected to the soundcard?

hiredgun2112 said:
If i connect my headphones to the amp and amp to soundcard, would the speakers not be connected to the soundcard?

you would be set if the headphone amp has dual outputs. (which is what it looks like) Just hook the soundcard to the amp then one output to the headphones and one output to the speakers.

magnetik said:
you would be set if the headphone amp has dual outputs. (which is what it looks like) Just hook the soundcard to the amp then one output to the headphones and one output to the speakers.

Are you sure most headphone amps in the PA2V2 range are good for amping speakers?

Cyrilix said:
Are you sure most headphone amps in the PA2V2 range are good for amping speakers?

He would only be using the PA2V2 for the signal.. I am sure his speakers have a walwart to draw power from.

Back