HDTV $99

You are all using credit cards, AND seeing holds on them? I assumed some of you were using debit

I see nothing at all on my card... maybe because I've only used about 20% of my available credit? (Limit of 3500). It's AmEx for what it's worth.

Yup, I had a hold and it was released on Saturday. However,my CC bank usually releases holds if the merchant has not charged within 72 hours.

Well I used BoA's shopsafe for this and the BB monitor. I set the $limit and exp date and they give me a random number to use. So there is no way they can hit the card for more then I want plus I could cancel the shopsafe number at anytime. I dont know how long the bank will keep the hold as Ive never had one last longer then a few days or so.

I just wish they would update it one way or another cause the not knowing for certain is killing me.

You really think a major coorporation like Dell is going to rip you off?

Well I used BoA's shopsafe for this and the BB monitor. I set the $limit and exp date and they give me a random number to use. So there is no way they can hit the card for more then I want plus I could cancel the shopsafe number at anytime. I dont know how long the bank will keep the hold as Ive never had one last longer then a few days or so.

I just wish they would update it one way or another cause the not knowing for certain is killing me.

I cannot even begin to fathom how illegal it would be for them to charge you more than the amount you agreed to.

In other news, the hold on my CC is also gone.

For those of you who have had their payments released from the holding state, has the Dell order page been updated or does it still state in production?

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to inform you that Dell has canceled your recent order for the Vizio 32” LCD HDTV due to a pricing error. The price shown was incorrect, and was far below the correct price for that product. As indicated on our web site, as well as in our catalogs and other advertisements, Dell reserves the right to cancel orders resulting from pricing errors. Because of the large difference in price, we have not reinstated your order, but we invite you to visit dell.com to re-order at the correct price.

We value our relationship with you, and we sincerely regret this error and the resulting inconvenience. Please be assured that we are working hard to prevent errors such as this one, and to improve your overall customer experience with us.

Sincerely,

The Dell Customer Care Team

Win some, lose some... :)

Game over....

♥Dear Customer,♥I am sorry to inform you that Dell has canceled your recent order for the Vizio 32” LCD HDTV due to a pricing error.♥ The price shown was incorrect, and was far below the correct price for that product.

There's a lot more but I just copied and pasted the first 2 sentences of the paragraph. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Sucks, mostly cause I thought this had potential to be legit (due to the wording of the coupon). Oh well. At least they didn't string it out for five more weeks :D

:( Never expected this to go through from the start but I wonder if I can milk it and get a cut on a new monitor.

Got a cancellation. Fired one off to their customer service asking why they needed to place a hold on an obvious pricing error, and then needed more time to cancel.

Should make for a good laugh.

Owned? Does that mean you're still in the running? :D

EDIT: I should note that my card is still charged and my order status page is still in production with a shipping date (20th)... Why don't I have my money back?

Owned? Does that mean you're still in the running? :D

EDIT: I should note that my card is still charged and my order status page is still in production with a shipping date (20th)... Why don't I have my money back?

No cancellation email... yet. :p

Haven't gotten one yet, and my order's still "in production." I doubt it going to last long though.

They just now updated my order page to "Changed" (ie canceled) and yet still have the hold on me monies.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to inform you that Dell has canceled your recent order for the Vizio 32” LCD HDTV due to a pricing error. The price shown was incorrect, and was far below the correct price for that product. As indicated on our web site, as well as in our catalogs and other advertisements, Dell reserves the right to cancel orders resulting from pricing errors. Because of the large difference in price, we have not reinstated your order, but we invite you to visit dell.com to re-order at the correct price.

We value our relationship with you, and we sincerely regret this error and the resulting inconvenience. Please be assured that we are working hard to prevent errors such as this one, and to improve your overall customer experience with us.

Sincerely,

The Dell Customer Care Team

Lawld

Are you really upset or just want to be a jackass?
I guess I want to be a jackass, because I'm not upset. It's a huge corporation, I'm sure they can spare me a coupon at least.

Still "In Production" for me though.

If you haven't received a cancellation email, I would suggest checking out your spam/garbage folder ;)

Back