HDMI, USB, DC combo cable?

looking for something more like this:

problem with this cable that it has 90 degree connectors on one end.
https://www.toyboxtech.com/skywin-3...e-for-linkbox-and-headset-connection-16-foot/

or this
problem with this one that HDMI connectors are too long, and would have to convert USB-B to A, the audio plug I might be able to convert DC, but it might cause interference.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Monopric...581958?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=1391

Anyone else used or seen something like that?

About the USB-C cable, are there adapters available that could take HDMI, USB, DC inputs and convert to USB-C and then on the other end convert from USB-C back to HDMI/USB and DC?

I assume by DC., you mean just DC power, and not some stupid acronym I'm missing?

If so, you can get a usb c hub with DisplayPort pass-through, and USB Power support.

Last edited:
If so, you can get a usb c hub with DisplayPort pass-through, and USB Power support, then just use an active DP to HDMI adapter.

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Multiport-DisplayPort-Ethernet/dp/B06Y5N3YCD

But this requires a USB-C port with DP Alternate Mode.

If you have an RTX card, you can try using the one provided on the back of the card. It's intended for VirtualLink, but that should still support 27w.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
VirtualLink was supposed to solve this problem for you, but as you can see nobody is banging down the door to create a compatible adapter.

This is the best discussion I can find.

Even the Valve Index lacks VirtualLink support. Looks like it's doa, and you're just going to have to deal with the cable mess.

That, or buy one of the wireless kits for VR headsets?

You knowe, we have a VR subform for this, right?

well this is not for VR, but i guess i will look in there

What the hell are you trying to connect here? You said HDMI AND USB,. so I had to assume VR.

I'm tired of playing TWENTY QUESTIONS with your ass, and getting nowhere :rolleyes:

Don't tell me obscure combination of connectors you're dreaming about, tell me what you're currently using in what convoluted manner (pictures would fucking help), and maybe I can offer you an actual alternative?

VirtualLink was supposed to solve this problem for you, but as you can see nobody is banging down the door to create a compatible adapter.

This is the best discussion I can find.

Even the Valve Index lacks VirtualLink support. Looks like it's doa, and you're just going to have to deal with the cable mess.

That, or buy one of the wireless kits for VR headsets?

You knowe, we have a VR subform for this, right?
Virtuallink is basically the same as USB-C with DP Alt Mode with some predefined PD (~14W and 27W, iirc). It's only difference is it adds an "alt mode" for the USB 2.0 data pair (that data pair is implemented using 4 wires, as to support simple reversibility). That "alt mode" moves USB-C's 4 USB 2.0 wires to USB 3.0 mode (diff pair up, diff pair down). Virtuallink actually instantiates as a regular DP Alt Mode + PD first (this includes the USB 2.0 link that is always present in USB-C [DP also, but that's outside of the scope of this conversation]), then it polls for the "USB 2.0 -> 3.0 alt mode" after the connection is initially made.

However, if you don't have a Virtuallink device, and just plug a regular USB-C (with DP alt mode and PD requirements) into a Virtuallink port, it will work normally. This is one of the things, where I hope USB4 will actually supplant Virtuallink on GPUs.

Also, yeah, it would be helpful if we got a better picture of what this was all for.

Virtuallink is basically the same as USB-C with DP Alt Mode with some predefined PD (~14W and 27W, iirc). It's only difference is it adds an "alt mode" for the USB 2.0 data pair (that data pair is implemented using 4 wires, as to support simple reversibility). That "alt mode" moves USB-C's 4 USB 2.0 wires to USB 3.0 mode (diff pair up, diff pair down). Virtuallink actually instantiates as a regular DP Alt Mode + PD first (this includes the USB 2.0 link that is always present in USB-C [DP also, but that's outside of the scope of this conversation]), then it polls for the "USB 2.0 -> 3.0 alt mode" after the connection is initially made.

However, if you don't have a Virtuallink device, and just plug a regular USB-C (with DP alt mode and PD requirements) into a Virtuallink port, it will work normally. This is one of the things, where I hope USB4 will actually supplant Virtuallink on GPUs.

Also, yeah, it would be helpful if we got a better picture of what this was all for.

its to plug in a touch screen monitor (HDMI, USB, DC) to a PC.
its an older monitor, so no USB-C.

its to plug in a touch screen monitor (HDMI, USB, DC) to a PC.
its an older monitor, so no USB-C.

I assume your monitor has three separate connection, right?

You don't sound like the type who would go thorough the trouble of rewiring those three connections into a single USB-C port (that includes removing the monitor case, and figuring out how all thee circuits are wired, and then putting a USB-C to native connection inside that case),

So unless newer touchscreen monitors have transitioned to USB-C (or you don't give a shit about having 3 bulky adapters outside the case, and don't mind creating a custom 5v to native native panel voltage converter), there's nothing you can do.

Last edited:
This might only be "safe" if it had some sort of real switch on it though.

Hey look, it only took me five minutes of googling to find you native USB-C touchscreen monitors. If only OP had actually told us this back on in May, the rest of the thread could have been saved!

https://intolaptop.com/reviews/best-touchscreen-usb-c-portable-monitors

https://www.amazon.com/Zenscreen-MB16AMT-Portable-Non-Glare-Speakers/dp/B07WC2NL2G

Finding exactly the right-angled cable may be impossible, but since you have one combined wire now, it should be easier to stuff "the wrong cable" in-between things.

I found you the monitor, but finding the USB-C cable is on you!

Here's a good start on low-profile c to c connectors:

https://www.amazon.com/usb-c-low-profile/s?k=usb+c+low+profile

And don't forget, you will need a PC with USB-C with DisplayPort Alternate Mode,.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
calm down with your attitude, anyone can search on google, and i found them way before you did.

I'm trying to use something I already have, not buy a new one.

Back